Anyone else getting hacked off with waiting for a Canyon?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
I've just ordered a new bike from my LBS with mid Feb delivery. I'm beginning to think my bike will arrive before these Canyons do... ;)

Once I gave up on Canyon, I got my chosen bike with 2 days - and it is not black. I like your choice though, something I have not seen before.

Penski

Well, I waited 4 months for mine:crazy:. Delivery is now 2 weeks away (I hope!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!).

I'm hoping I'll appreciate it more once it arrives, having been through this 'ordeal' to get it.

And, I'm desperately hoping nothing will go wrong with the bike for at least 2/3 months whilst they catch up with themselves.

Andy-56

Regular
@Andy-56 Couple of videos on line of the x-lite

View: https://youtu.be/yUbvkLMvdZo

Hill climb specific and the team version which I highlighted and not the CRS above which is some 150g heavier than the team.

View: https://youtu.be/J6IK1rz4ak4

Huw, a Rose it is...I just rang them and they couldn't have been more helpful, it's just a matter of deciding which one.
Canyon can do one.
Time to move on with my life... They'll deserve some bad publicity though. There is no excuse for the pain they've caused literally thousands of customers, just because they didn't want to halt orders to allow catch up time is what I hear.

huwsparky

Über Member
Huw, a Rose it is...I just rang them and they couldn't have been more helpful, it's just a matter of deciding which one.
Canyon can do one.
Time to move on with my life... They'll deserve some bad publicity though. There is no excuse for the pain they've caused literally thousands of customers, just because they didn't want to halt orders to allow catch up time is what I hear.
If you want the lightest, go for the Xlite team. They have a new bike out now which is the Xlite CW but that would be pushing your budget. Personally, I prefer the Team to the CW anyway and that's the route I'm gonna take.

Penski

Anybody know what Rose's bike with endurance/sportive geometry is called? Both in Carbon and Alu versions.

Andy-56

Regular
If you want the lightest, go for the Xlite team. They have a new bike out now which is the Xlite CW but that would be pushing your budget. Personally, I prefer the Team to the CW anyway and that's the route I'm gonna take.

I ended up with a modified ROSE X-LITE CRS-4400 SRAM force 22, with rs 1400 wheels and the weight is around 6.4kg without pedals. All for under £1900 and delivery 2nd week of Jan.
The CW 3000 new model wouldn't have been ready until mid March and Canyon have put me off waiting
:smile: their 2015 model had all gone as well.

Thanks for the recommendation and sorry about this huge font
[Edited by The Magic Mod :secret:]

Last edited by a moderator:

Milkfloat

An Peanut
Anybody know what Rose's bike with endurance/sportive geometry is called? Both in Carbon and Alu versions.

ROSE XEON TEAM

huwsparky

Über Member
I ended up with a modified ROSE X-LITE CRS-4400 SRAM force 22, with rs 1400 wheels and the weight is around 6.4kg without pedals. All for under £1900 and delivery 2nd week of Jan.
The CW 3000 new model wouldn't have been ready until mid March and Canyon have put me off waiting
:smile: their 2015 model had all gone as well.

Thanks for the recommendation and sorry about this huge font
Nice, what colour did you go for? @Mugshot has the same bike but I think his has the Ultegra groupset. They are nice bikes.

Penski

ROSE XEON TEAM

Try this link. If you ring them, ask for Michael, he is a very friendly and helpful chap.
http://www.rosebikes.com/products/bikes/road/long-distance/xeon-team-cgf/

Confusingly they have a separate disc section, it would have been more intuitive if race/endurance was split into disc and not. It's not easy to follow their terming. I think X-Lite is their aero? Xeon RS and CRS being their road race? and Xeon Team being the endurance?

Does this mean they do not have an endurance disc equipped frame?

I will try to contact them also, to get some answers.

Andy-56

Regular
Nice, what colour did you go for? @Mugshot has the same bike but I think his has the Ultegra groupset. They are nice bikes.
I went Matt Carbon Black as it was lighter! I would have liked a 'team' but a cant complain and it'll be a massive upgrade on my current steed, which has served me well. Apparently the CRS won't be as comfortable as it could be over the 112mile tt in Tenby next July but I'm looking forward to seeing the difference on the hills. I also got some tt bars for it as I like to do a few 10mile tt's throughout the year as well..just for good measure. I can swap any parts that need adjusting as well. Like the stem etc
I'm glad a found this forum and spoke to you all. Today has been a result...Canyon binned and hello Rose :smile:

Andy-56

Regular
Confusingly they have a separate disc section, it would have been more intuitive if race/endurance was split into disc and not. It's not easy to follow their terming. I think X-Lite is their aero? Xeon RS and CRS being their road race? and Xeon Team being the endurance?

Does this mean they do not have an endurance disc equipped frame?

I will try to contact them also, to get some answers.
CW is their aero I think.
Ring them, I did and they were very helpful, Michael in particular as his English is very good also.

Top Bottom