Anyone else getting hacked off with waiting for a Canyon?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
jay clock

jay clock

Massive member
Two bikes, both only available to order online. :sad: Too bad you know exactly what you want. It's much easier if you are clueless.
Too true, but the LBS are just as bad. One on Friday told me I could switch the cable disc brakes for hydro ones without changing the levers. Eventually the owner put the spotty young lad right, but he hadn't a clue. Another tried to tell me Race Blades were full mudguards and no-one use the old fashioned ones these days.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
As per post #7

Sounds like they are in a sorry state. I'd want my money back now. Wallets might get burnt for people who don't act fast.

No good coming on here and grizzling if you get stung.

Why anyone gets hung up on a specific bike is beyond me - it's a *leeding bike and that's the end of it. There's a whole heap of nice bikes out there to choose from.

OP
OP
jay clock

jay clock

Massive member
If you can point me at the whole heap of bikes, do please help. I am not about to spend £1400 on something I don't really want. And there is no money to refund as they haven't taken any!

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
A few weeks after my bike was delivered I got one of those "how did we do" online questionnaires to fill in. I made it clear that I had issues, more with some basic and potentially dangerous setup errors than the missing components. I expected at least some form of acknowledgement of the problems, but nothing has come back.

My impression isn't that Canyon aren't going bust (I've been there before with the Omega debacle) but that they're an extremely lean operation that isn't coping with scaling their production and particularly customer service to demand. Direct supply certainly saves costs, but they can't entirely strip out the customer service element.

Now I'm just going to roll down the hill and parade in front of Jay's house on my Canyon while shouting "look what I've got!" :cycle::tongue:

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
I think they're massively overextended

That's how I read it.

I've not followed Canyon closely, but it seems to me it wasn't long ago they only offered road bikes.

They now offer nearly every type of bike.

Extending the product range so massively cannot be easy, and it looks to be too hard for them.

huwsparky

Über Member
Can't test ride them, wait an age for them... with so many superb alternatives out there these days there I honestly can't see their appeal
I know you're a bit of a Canyon hater. The main attraction I would imagine is the price. For 3k you can buy a proven winning bike at pro level. And I suspect for many it will be the exclusivity factor. Some people just don't want a Giant, Cannondale etc run of the mill bike. I realise you don't like them but there's no point posting the same negativity on every single thread of this kind as obviously there are people out the who want them and are willing to be treated like shoot to get one!

OP
OP
jay clock

jay clock

Massive member
Can't test ride them, wait an age for them... with so many superb alternatives out there these days there I honestly can't see their appeal
That's the problem, I cannot see anything as an alternative. Can you suggest any? I am after
  • Lightweight road bike - alloy or carbon
  • Size will be medium/54 depending on brand
  • must take FULL mudguards not interested in raceblades etc
  • approx 25mm tyres (23-28 ok)
  • Shimano kit (Tiagra/105/Ultegra)
  • Hydraulic discs (not cable)
  • Regular Q/R so can use on turbo
  • budget approx £1000 but a bit flexible. Even very flexible
The only one that is vaguely similar is PX London Road, but that is heavier by a margin

OP
OP
jay clock

jay clock

Massive member
I know you're a bit of a Canyon hater. The main attraction I would imagine is the price. For 3k you can buy a proven winning bike at pro level. And I suspect for many it will be the exclusivity factor. Some people just don't want a Giant, Cannondale etc run of the mill bike. I realise you don't like them but there's no point posting the same negativity on every single thread of this kind as obviously there are people out the who want them and are willing to be treated like shoot to get one!
I don't know @Drago and his/her preferences, but genuinely would welcome suggestions as to what the alternatives are but best if you post them here https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/a...ing-a-winter-bike-that-meets-my-needs.191477/

Top Bottom