Anyone else getting hacked off with waiting for a Canyon?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
I don't know @Drago and his/her preferences, but genuinely would welcome suggestions as to what the alternatives are but best if you post them here https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/a...ing-a-winter-bike-that-meets-my-needs.191477/

There's this thing now called "Google", and to make it really easy the next time a bike mag run a a group test involving a Canyon you could perhaps see what machines they pitch them against.

I'm not a Canyon hater, I'm just not a Canyon lover.

OP
OP
jay clock

jay clock

Massive member
The purpose of this posting was to discuss my concerns about the order process etc at Canyon. I have already done my research about what bike I want, and if you have suggestions as to alternatives, feel free to add them to my other posting about what bike to consider if I cancel this order.

OP
OP
jay clock

jay clock

Massive member
they don't really know what is going on. It went from "don't know and have no way of finding out" to "sent and arrives tomorrow" in a day. Possibly because I emailed the CEO, but they are so disorganised that I think it was pure chance

barachus

I have always assumed one of the 'joys' of canyon ownership is the excitement of the chase and never knowing how long you have to wait for your bike
That has to be only explanation why people continually put up with this nonsense

OP
OP
jay clock

jay clock

Massive member
Having cancelled on Tuesday I then got an email saying it was on its way. In fact it was sent on Monday. I then got a system generated email saying it would arrive w/c 1 Feb. It arrived last night and I sent the UPS man away with it. Hoping the RIbble will be a happy purchase

OP
OP
jay clock

jay clock

Massive member
Having been initially told it would be here 26 October. Then on Monday being told they had no way of knowing when it was leaving (but had actually left). The after I cancelled on Tuesday being told it in two different emails that it would be here a) Weds (yday) and b) in Feb 2016.

After all that I had ordered the RIbble which seems to be a great bike. Yes, I could have accepted the Canyon but I chose not to as I actually think the RIbble is better for me (only found out about the Ribble at the weekend, having thought nothing else matched the Canyon)

blazed

220lb+
Which canyon did you order? My brother has a Ribble r872 and it's aa very nice looking bike. Assuming it wasn't an aeroad that you sent back, you probably made the right decision.

OP
OP
jay clock

jay clock

Massive member
It was an Inflite 9.0S. The two things I was a bit bothered about were that the mudguards were extra and I had to fit myself and that the colour was a pale green that I was not in love with. Cheaper model is silver. The Ribble is the CR3 with 105 hydro brakes. Carbon. New model so no real reviews online, but I have my fingers crossed

Milkfloat

An Peanut
OK, to add to this thread, here is my story, sorry for writing an epic - but if you are thinking of buying from Canyon, you may want to read it.

I placed an order on the 18th August, within minutes of the 2016 bikes being announced. I actually wanted to place an order in March but they were sold out of my size. The date quoted for delivery was the week starting 21st September - so just a month wait.

On the 16th September I got an email announcing a 10 week delay due to 'supply of components'. I was not a happy bunny, but was prepared to wait as the bike was the perfect spec for me.

On the 20th October - yet another email this time no new delivery date, but containing waffle about communication issues and the move to a new factory.

29th October and 30th October - 3 despatch emails that looked very weird but a package turned up. Unfortunately it contained just two water bottles which I was charged for.

31st October - a 'whooops email' blaming their new I.T. system. At this point I tried talking to Canyon on pretty much a daily basis trying to find out what was going on. Nobody could help at all, no information at all on the order.

4th November - a bulk email from the CEO to all affected customers basically saying sorry, but offering no solution or timescale on the order and stating that customer services will have no idea either.

14th November - another 'we have not got a clue' email from the CEO. This time saying that in between 7-10 days they will have a clue

24th November - thanks to @jay clock I sent an email to the CEO, this got passed on to his secretary. At last we were getting somewhere. Howeever, we did not get too far. Over the next few days emails went back and forth.

27th November - I was told that there was a 'priority meeting' to discuss the topic scheduled for the 30th.

30th November - Some news!!! There is no way my bike would be ready until the end of February - more than 6 months after it was ordered. I was offered a 10% discount.

1st December - I bought a Cannondale, picking it up at the weekend. Despite stories of squeaky BBs and yet another new BB standard - at least it is a bike that exists.

Top Bottom