Grand National.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
longers

longers

Legendary Member
My dogs better than Noodley ;).

She "picked" second again :blush:. She's done that for the last 4 years.

Seeing as I'm nice to her, I will let her buy me a curry.

(£2 e/w @ quarter odds of 16/1= £8 + £2stake = curry :biggrin:)

buggi

Bird Saviour
i won for the 3rd year running, but it came in 4th and i only put 2 quid on each way. can't be arsed to go to the bookies to claim so i've given it to my nephew to go with his winning ticket. Of course, my nephew is only 10 so my mum will have to and get his winnings for him.

it's a ritual in our house to put a bet on.

buggi

Bird Saviour
well, my mate rang me to ask me what happened to a horse and i said "O it was pulled up" and he said, "cool, my mate gave me 25 quid to put on it, but i couldn't get the bet on. i can pocket that now"
:angry:

on the road

Über Member
I didn't put a bet on, I always lose anyway. It's great watching it and not worrying about the result :angry:

Noodley

longers said:
Who did the banning?

Willie McHill? Mrs Noodley? Or is it a self imposed exile?

Self imposed exile.

I put on a 50p e/w bet on the National every year - apart from that I never go near the bookies. Dayvo's £5 e/w bet would have used up 10 years of National betting for me :angry:

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
I tried to interest the kids in a family sweepstake (it was an annual 'event' in our household when I was a kid, but ...). 15yr old pipes up with "horse-racing is cruel and should be banned"... ho -hum. :angry: Who pays yer pocket money, eh? eh?

Noodley

minstrel060108005.jpg

Who won?
It wasnae me...

Top Bottom