1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Grand National.

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by longers, 4 Apr 2008.

1. longers

longers Veteran

Will you be having a flutter?

I'll be putting a bet on for me and one for the dog tomorrow. It's the only time we will bet on a horse.

2. Noodley

Noodley Guest

I reckon, after his experience this morning, Dayvo should have a flutter on Cloudy Lane :evil:

3. Dayvo

Dayvo Just passin' through

Don't know what the odds are, Noodley, but could you put a tenner on it for me! I'll pay you back: honest! xx(

I've never really gambled, although when I was in Australia, my mate had a greyhound, Sir Packer, which kept me comfortably in beer money for six months. :evil:

4. Gerry Attrick

Gerry Attrick Lincolnshire Mountain Rescue Consultant

Don't generally bother to put a bet on, but I have a couple of nags in the works sweepstake. Then again, looking at their form, they're probably three legged donkeys:sad:

5. andygates

andygates New Member

As is traditional, I have a couple of quid on Glue Factory in the office sweepstake... c'mon horsey!

6. Dayvo

Having just had a look at the field, Snowy Morning would have been more appropriate! :evil:

7. Noodley

Noodley Guest

Aye, I saw that as well - I may have a punt on that :smile:

I have quite a good record to carry over from C+.

First two years ago and second and third last year...but don't listen to me - no don't :smile:

8. Paulus

Paulus Getting older by the minute

I've drawn Ironman in the pub sweepstake. 66/1 at the bookies.

9. Keith Oates

Keith Oates Janner

I also very rarely bet on anything but I used to have a flutter on the National and it's a good race to watch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. col

col Veteran

Its the only horse bet we put on,we go 50 pence each way on one each,i think that means if it comes in the first three,my wife puts em on for us,as i havnt got a clue how to,but its become a yearly ritual:smile:

11. Abitrary

Abitrary New Member

I might put a few quids each-way on the 1000/1s

12. col

col Veteran

Oh i just looked at the list,and picked a name i liked the sound of,same as my wife:smile:

13. Abitrary

Abitrary New Member

14. Dayvo

Noodley!
    Did you do the £5 each way on Snowy Morning as I requested nicely?
    Don't know what the odds were, but I bloody hope you did! ;)

15. Dayvo

Just saw them on BBC's webpage. 16-1.
    Hmmm, that's a tidy sum. I'll pm you with my bank acct. details so you can pay it in; keep £25 for yourself! ;)