Grand parenting tomorrow night...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
...I have my 4 year old and (almost) 2 year old grandchildren staying overnight whilst their parents are away for a couple of days.
I've had them individually but I'm expecting a tricky bedtime and early wake up.
Any advice from those more experienced welcome? I'm thinking getting me or them pissed? :whistle:

Movies! Put one to bed while the other watches a movie. As it's gets later dim the lights and slow the excitement down to get their minds ready for bed.

OP
OP
rich p

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Movies! Put one to bed while the other watches a movie. As it's gets later dim the lights and slow the excitement down to get their minds ready for bed.
Probably more Octonauts than movies but I think you're on the right track.
One of the queries is that if I keep them up late, will they sleep in late? If not, I lose at both ends.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Keep them busy all day. Tire them out and by 7.30 they will fall asleep within minutes. Making sure they get plenty of fresh air will help. And good luck. You will need it. A day can feel like a week :laugh:

keithmac

Guru
Probably more Octonauts than movies but I think you're on the right track.
One of the queries is that if I keep them up late, will they sleep in late? If not, I lose at both ends.

They'll wake up in a foul mood, probably earlier than normal..

Top Bottom