Grand parenting tomorrow night...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tin Pot

Guru
Ours behave really well...when we're not there.

You'll be fine, keep to their normal bedtime hours gently but firmly. They'll enjoy being read to by you, if they're missing mum and dad it could be worth having a familiar storybook to hand.

Probably more Octonauts than movies but I think you're on the right track.
One of the queries is that if I keep them up late, will they sleep in late? If not, I lose at both ends.

Prepare to be up at 6am and ready to go straight away regardless of what time they go to sleep. Milkshake on channel 5 on a morning plays good morning shows if you need time to come round. If you are lucky they may even fancy lying in bed having a snuggle so you can delay waking up (think games like sleeping lions).

My two are 4 and 18 months so pretty much the same age gap.

A day of fresh air, running around and a big tea with ice cream or apple pie esk afters will make sure they are content before going to bed. Just make sure they don't fall asleep in the car!

If you need some chill time on the sofa at any point programs like Do you know by Maddie Moate, Topsy and Tim, 64 zoo lane and Paw Patrol are all about 20 minutes in length not 5-10 minutes like Peppa Pig.

Currently awake with youngest who is coughing like mad with a summer cold at 3am.

Top Bottom