Grashopper moved to London

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

redfalo

known as Olaf in real life
Hi there,
me and my Grashopper fx just moved from Germany to London (mainly at the Regents canal). Today I did my first ride in town. Well, it´s different :wacko:. But I´m determined getting sed to it. I´m looking forward doing some joint tours and getting some advice regarding nice trips in and around London.
Cheers
Olaf

Welcome - first thing you "need" for local advice and help ....London Cycling Campaign

arallsopp

Post of The Year 2009 winner
Welcome. I do a cross town commute weekly on a Streetmachine, and (provided you've got a decent mirror) find it much easier than riding an upright. I'm sure you'll get the hang of it. We drive on the left, if that helps :wacko:

There are some lovely rides from London, particularly on Fridays, around the full moon :biggrin:

OP
OP
redfalo

redfalo

arallsopp said:
We drive on the left, if that helps :biggrin:
oh really? This explains a lot :sad:

arallsopp said:
There are some lovely rides from London, particularly on Fridays, around the full moon :smile:

I can imange. Yesterday evening, I did my first night ride - crossing tower bridge (northbound) that was a great experience.

Unfortunatley I have to store the bike on my balcony on the 3rd floor, and the stairways are quite narrow. So I won´t use the Grashopper for everyday purposes. Just ordered a Brompton for that.
Cheers
Olaf

OP
OP
redfalo

redfalo

arallsopp said:
There are some lovely rides from London, particularly on Fridays, around the full moon :smile:

Oh boy, I had a hard time understanding what you really mean. :biggrin:

Those FNRttC sound intersting. Are you guys usually doing both ways on your bikes? What´s the average milage - and how long does it take you?
AND: are there some less demanding rides for a start? :sad:

arallsopp

Post of The Year 2009 winner
redfalo said:
Those FNRttC sound intersting. Are you guys usually doing both ways on your bikes? What´s the average milage - and how long does it take you?
AND: are there some less demanding rides for a start? :biggrin:

There's a small group of idiots that regularly go both ways, but a single direction is more than sufficient for starters. Distance varies between 55 and 80 odd miles, but it almost always takes 8 hours (including an hour in a cafe half way down). Nice social pace. :biggrin:

OP
OP
redfalo

redfalo

I´ll definetely take part sometime. But for a start I´d rather enjoy the beautiful english contryside in the day time :-)

Top Bottom