Gravel bike advise

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Trigger369

Über Member
Hey folks . Been pondering recently about buying a new winter bike and keeping my current winter bike stuck to the turbo its on now. but today I was marshalling at a club cx race and thought mabye buy a bike that does both . Not a full cyclo-cross bike as I wouldn't be racing but mabye somthing that can do parks and also club spins In winter . Would a gravel bike be the best choice and a quick change of wheels for the road days . Can anyone suggest the way to go .. thanks .

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
Yes :laugh:

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Yes, super flexible. I have 2 sets of wheels for mine, one shod with slicks and one with gravel tyres, and it takes mudguards. My most used bike, despite being quite cheap and bought 2nd hand.

OP
OP
Trigger369

Trigger369

Über Member
Isn't the E5 comp a x1 groupset upfront . Makes me think more suit for off Road .
I do have a 2019 roubaix and love the future shock

DRM

Guru
Yes, super flexible. I have 2 sets of wheels for mine, one shod with slicks and one with gravel tyres, and it takes mudguards. My most used bike, despite being quite cheap and bought 2nd hand.
Me too, one set of wheels with Vittoria Terreno Dry tyres, the other set have Continental GP5000's on, and is also the most used bike I have

Isn't the E5 comp a x1 groupset upfront . Makes me think more suit for off Road .
I do have a 2019 roubaix and love the future shock
It is 1x , you 'spin out ' at about 25mph so limited to a degree and there are some big jumps higher up the range.
I've a dedicated road bike as well so do use mine mainly for trails and tracks but I've also done 30 milers purely on road so a very versatile bike in my opinion.

Have a look at the planet X range. They'll put a double chainset on for you. Got mine last year and I've not ridden my CF summer bike since.

Wide tyres. Mudguards. Sorted.

rivers

How far can I go?
Yes. I have an Orro Terra C with 2 x wheelsets. One with 32mm cinturaro velos for wet weather commuting and club runs and a set with 40mm knobblies for off road.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
I just change the tyres on mine to suit the terrain, saves having to buy another set of rotors, cassette, align brakes etc
If you have the spare wonga, a spare set of wheels is so much quicker. I never need to align brakes or gear indexing, just a straight swap "and away" - as Bob and Paul would say. Also if one was considering a tubeless set up for the offroad wheels, that complicates / precludes a tyres swap.

Top Bottom