Grays-on-the-Mud

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Was Derby excluded from the survey as a special (basket)case?

Sandra6

Veteran
Carlisle was recently voted the happiest place, or some such.
Personally I just think the people here lie more to convince themselves and others they like it.
I don't think you can trust these surveys and polls.
I mean, there was one that rated Halfords as the worst shop ever in the world. I ask you.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Has no-one sampled the squalor and deprivation masquerading as Methyr Tydfil?

It has to be the grimmest place that I've cycled through rivalled only by the outskirts of Bishop Aukland.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
1. My dad was born in Grays
2. I like Grays. I accept that most of my recent visits have been during the dead of night (en route to Southend) but Grays town centre during the day is full of life. I especially like the level crossing going through the centre of Grays, and the flood of people that pass when it opens.
3. Then again, I've got a soft spot for the Vange estate.

3. Then again, I've got a soft spot for the Vange estate.

:laugh:

Trickedem

Guru
I am normally in a good mood going through Grays as it normally coincides with the end of a long ride as I return back to the Dartford Crossing to go home. Although it does seem to have an above average number of young bad drivers in souped up hatches. I had a close pass last time, which I am sure was deliberate, as it coincided with some abusive shouting from the passengers in the back. :sad:
I was intrigued to see the signs to Grays Beach. Is it any good?
http://www.thurrock.gov.uk/graysbeach/

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
[QUOTE 2024179, member: 1314"]The sandpit playing area and local crazy-golf stuff there etc is great for parents with 1-6 year olds. The sandpit filled in a rowing-boat pool.

The Thames estuary front (there is no sand) has a bleak urban beauty unsullied by the Southend-on-Sea seafront kitsch. .[/quote]hey......steady on! I designed some of that Southend seafront kitsch!

Top Bottom