England : Lancashire Great Manchester Cycle 2013

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
2:26 last year with a 6 minute hold up at the Quays at the bridge on the first lap. I am definitely fitter this year, but it will depend on the weather and who else I am riding with on the day. One of the guys I ride with sometimes, who is on the forum did it in just over 2:15 last time.

Mello

I did it in around 2 mins over 3 hours, but that included a nasty crash (a guy droped his water bottle and walk out in front of me to pick it up). I am much fitter this year but I would still be happy with a Sub 3 hours. It was probably my favourite event of last year.

400bhp

Guru
2:26 last year with a 6 minute hold up at the Quays at the bridge on the first lap. I am definitely fitter this year, but it will depend on the weather and who else I am riding with on the day. One of the guys I ride with sometimes, who is on the forum did it in just over 2:15 last time.

Well, I'm up for it and up for trying to stay in touch with you^_^

I'm getting fitter, but you must be one of these 15% of the population who have the "super-VO2 max" gene.

Garz

Squat Member
...a 6 minute hold up at the Quays at the bridge on the first lap.

Same happened to me, I only flagged on the last lap going back up the Manc way as the small group I was in upped the pace and I couldn't hack it. Having the daughter born a couple of weeks before meant I had very little sleep - but thoroughly enjoyed the event and the atmosphere. Bonus was having the sun out too!

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!

OP
OP
The Brewer

The Brewer

Shed Dweller
Update from Great Cycle

6 days until we open the 2013 Great Manchester Cycle at noon on the 5th March! Just a word of warning for prospective 52 mile distance cyclists..more people have signed up for the reminder service than the number of places available.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
I've just asked the question on FB about price, no reply yet though, doubt I'll get one TBH but if you don't ask...............

On their FB page from Monday: "The entry fee for the Cycle will be £20 adults and £5 children, with under 8's free."

Looking at the date I won't now be doing it - I've got the Yorkshire tri on Sun 7th July and am looking like taking part in a club run to do Stage 1 of the TDF Yorkshire (plus trip to/from Leeds/Harrogate) on Sun 23rd June.

On their FB page from Monday: "The entry fee for the Cycle will be £20 adults and £5 children, with under 8's free."
Cheers DCL, you beat me to it. I was reminded of this thread earlier when The Brewer made his post, and it struck me I should update it after seeing the price on FB, but then I decided to have my tea instead :whistle:

Sounds like it could be a bullfight for places due to over subscription for the reminder service alone :wacko:

Top Bottom