Great News! From boor to bore! The yob DJ whose downfall proves no one likes a bully...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

2PedalsTez

Über Member
I'm not his biggest fan, but Chris Moyles is certainly a love him or hate him DJ (perhaps it's the controversy etc that makes them stand out from the dross?)
I found the old guard DJs, in particular through the late 80's and 90's quite creepy/slimey! Simon Bates was teeth-smashingly bad.

I must say (possibly because it was only for a short time) I quite enjoyed it when Zane Lowe did the breakfast show recently (never heard so much music!)

OP
OP
Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
I'm not his biggest fan, but Chris Moyles is certainly a love him or hate him DJ (perhaps it's the controversy etc that makes them stand out from the dross?)
Any idiot can do controversy, Nothing big or clever about that.
I'm sure you could find somebody to do it on much less money without wingeing about it ....

ASC1951

Guru
Never listened to his show and never would. He's an obnoxious ****.
An opinion based on detailed knowledge, then. ;)
I can't see what people are getting so het up about, especially FF's diatribe. If they don't like his public persona, just avoid his output.
I cannot believe the BBC have employed him for so long.
And are continuing to do so, aren't they? If they want someone to axe, how about starting with John Humphrys? Then David Dimbleby...

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
A certain amount of Schadenfreude set in - although my influence on the Mugabe regime is not what it might be.

Radio 3 is usually extremely good at finding interesting presenters. So quite why they persevere with an ignorant so-and-so who can't be bothered to learn how to pronounce what he's introducing is beyond me.

cd365

Guru
I preferred it when Scott Mills did his show when the fat lump was on holiday.
I did not find the lump funny and for a radio dj he hardly ever played music!

OP
OP
Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
An opinion based on detailed knowledge, then. ;)
I can't see what people are getting so het up about, especially FF's diatribe. If they don't like his public persona, just avoid his output.

And are continuing to do so, aren't they? If they want someone to axe, how about starting with John Humphrys? Then David Dimbleby...

Neither Dimbleby or Humphrys could be called offensive in the general way. That's not true of Moyles whose public persona really shouldn't be taxpayer funded or on prime-time media.
For a change I actually agree with the DM.

Top Bottom