Great north bike ride.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Spencer81

Hi I did gnbr yesterday for the chris lucas trust my 4th one all went well & good weather for it done it in 4hrs 30min with about 25min of rest.Did anybody else do it?

Octet

Veteran
Congrats on the ride!
I've never heard of the Chris Lucas trust before, but it looks like a fantastic charity.

Not the last 2 years.
Great ride and the 1st time I did it, heading toward Warkworth Castle waiting for my bil to catch up some guy I was talking to as we went along mentioned "a big bloody hill coming up".
Further alomg I went up the incline by Warkworth Castle then stopped at the top for my bil to catch up when the other guy came past saying..."I told you it was a big bloody hill!!!"

The following year I did it on my own in 3:17 with a 15 min eat stop just before Ashington.

A very decent 60 miler and great for all abilities and families.

OP
OP
Spencer81

Spencer81

v good time tony that hill aint too bad the worst bit for me is the slight incline from amble to the widdrington pub is goes on forever & the pain in the bum hits around that time n then legs start giving up around ashington was that 3:17 on a road bike or mtb took me about 5:20 last year because of a strong head & side wind.looking forward to next years now & maybe the durham bike ride.:bicycle:

Hip Priest

Veteran
I did it in about 3hr30m with stops. Very well organised event, and the free medal, jersey and massage were all high quality! Cycled home afterwards, so did about 70 miles in total.

v good time tony that hill aint too bad the worst bit for me is the slight incline from amble to the widdrington pub is goes on forever & the pain in the bum hits around that time n then legs start giving up around ashington was that 3:17 on a road bike or mtb took me about 5:20 last year because of a strong head & side wind.looking forward to next years now & maybe the durham bike ride.:bicycle:
Durham bike ride?

Not the last 2 years.
Great ride and the 1st time I did it, heading toward Warkworth Castle waiting for my bil to catch up some guy I was talking to as we went along mentioned "a big bloody hill coming up".
Further alomg I went up the incline by Warkworth Castle then stopped at the top for my bil to catch up when the other guy came past saying..."I told you it was a big bloody hill!!!"

The following year I did it on my own in 3:17 with a 15 min eat stop just before Ashington.

A very decent 60 miler and great for all abilities and families.
I must add yet that year I did it in 3:17 there was a strong tailwind so 4 hours s respectable

Durham bike ride?

http://www.durhambigride.co.uk/

I have signed up for 'The Beast' although not 100% sure I will be able to attend.

Top Bottom