Great North Bike Ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

chonkers

Iam the ugly one lol i think there is going to be a meeting point set up

OP
OP
NormanD

NormanD

Lunatic Asylum Escapee
I'll be the one right at the back :smile:

Come on Anne you know I'll be at the back, as you're towing me back the distance this year! ... how easy some people forget  :whistle:

Last year it was pandemonium at the start, so finding out who was who was almost impossible, so anyone wishing to make up a group of riders, we'll try and meet up by the wall (car park itself) next to the drinks table.

My number is 917 which will be displayed on my Carrera Subway for all to see  :thumbsup:

Norm

Darbo

Got my number today its 1806.
Been a wile since I have done the GNBR last time it was the circular route, so I will probably be at the back of the field :bicycle: . (Riding white Giant Defy 4). Best of luck to everybody:thumbsup:

OP
OP
NormanD

NormanD

Lunatic Asylum Escapee
Yes the clock is ticking down, a few 40 milers in the week and I'll be ready too  :thumbsup: that reminds me to stock up on some energy bars  :blush:

LizardEye

Got my number yesterday -1929. I rather foolishly decided to do it both ways, which means a six o'clock start. So if you see someone going the wrong way with a ' what was I thinking' expression on his face, that'll be me.

OP
OP
NormanD

NormanD

Lunatic Asylum Escapee
Here is the news

The pedestrian tunnel (at Jarrow) will be open early Sunday morning, but there will be no elevators or escalators in operation.  So anyone travelling from the south to the north and intend on using the tunnel, well it’s a hard slog carrying the bike both down one side and up the other (as I found out to my cost today)   :angry: .

If anyone is going to the pick up point at North Shields Priory, and would like to say hello or join us as a group, then you might spot myself, and fellow CC member annedonnelly there too (it gets rather crowded rather quick if last year is anything to go by)

The start off point (Seahouses car park) with well over 2000 cyclists amassing to set off, you can understand it’s almost impossible to find anyone,none the less if we don’t manage to make a group up, have an enjoyable ride to all taking part.

Norm

Darbo

Hi Norm what time do you suggest getting to Priory to park the car for the transport to Seahouses.

Good luck to all taking part
thumbsup.png

Darbo

OP
OP
NormanD

NormanD

Lunatic Asylum Escapee
I'd say be there for about 6am or earlier if possible, you'll have to park well away from the priory as they use the priory car park and surrounding area for the finishing line.

Good luck to yourself  :thumbsup:

Top Bottom