Great ride home.......well nearly!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sadjack

After this mornings slog against the wind and fretting all day that it would change direction and it would be a slog home......

The wind was behind me, and I made a turbo charged wind assisted dart along the coastal cycle path. Met all of 6 people along the way.

I mention the coastal cycle path and 6 people for a reason.

Less than a mile to go, Clear wide path in front. Zooming along at 20+ MPH, enjoying and thinking to myself that the patron saint of cyclists must be on my side...it had been a fun ride.

A slight kink in the path and straight into a mound of sand blown in from the beach...why had I not seen it???

Front wheel went cross to the way I was travelling and I did a very ungraceful dismount in front of that 6th person I had seen, just after I'd given a nice cheerful "evening" with a big grin on my face. :tongue:

A quick jump up with that "did'nt hurt" attitude and away to go.

Skinned knee, skinned elbow, hole through outer shell, jersey and arm warmer, bike looks ok.

Biggest casualty is my ego.

Who is the patron saint of cyclists by the way. Perhaps it was his way of telling me not to get too big for my boots having just started this commuting malarky !!

103 minutes into work, 50 minutes back and apart from the spill the return was bloody fantastic :biggrin:

You'd better dump your cycle computer mate.It's lying.:biggrin:

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Ooh unlucky mate! It's funny how these moments always seem to happen with the most possible witnesses, or in the most embarrassing situation possible.

OP
OP
sadjack

sadjack

Thanks for that.

You learn something everyday. Interesting to see that there is such a patron saint.

I'm sitting here sore and uncomfortable feeling very sorry for myself after a poor nights sleep, if this is how you feel after crashing with a bank of sand on an empty, well nearly, path I'm glad I'm not duelling with cars every day!

Top Bottom