Great to have her back

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
Don't think I've seen a T bucket here since the 80s.

Nice flag. Subtle, leaves people guessing about your allegiance.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Just about everthing on that car would break Construction & Use regulations in the UK!

Ah don't worry about that! Here in regulations ignored, not policed UK the more of a dick on the road you are, the more you'll be left alone! Look at those @'~ts who ride illegal electric scooters and motorbikes, or those who have cars that sound like they're exploding as they do 50 mph in a 30 mph zone! No matter how they misbehave, they go untouched!

D

Deleted member 26715

Ah don't worry about that! Here in regulations ignored, not policed UK the more of a dick on the road you are, the more you'll be left alone! Look at those @'~ts who ride illegal electric scooters and motorbikes, or those who have cars that sound like they're exploding as they do 50 mph in a 30 mph zone! No matter how they misbehave, they go untouched!

I fear we are high jacking the OP post & it get shoved over to the dark place, but who is to blame for the lawlessness of the drivers? the Police? they can only be in a single place at any one time, the MP's who got rid of 25K Police officers & then used it as a election manifiestos they would employ 25k more Police officers? Or is it the public themselves?

We have a speeding issue in the village everybody is talking about it & sick to death of it, but for 4 months now I have been trying to get volunteers to give up 1 hour a week to setup a speed awareness camera, I've had 1 volunteer, if you're not going to help yourself don't complain when others don't do it for you!

Anyway fantastic little dinosaur to noise convertor you have there @Zipp2001 despite @Accy cyclist protestations we're too anal about regulations to be allowed something like that.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
We have a speeding issue in the village everybody is talking about it & sick to death of it, but for 4 months now I have been trying to get volunteers to give up 1 hour a week to setup a speed awareness camera, I've had 1 volunteer, if you're not going to help yourself don't complain when others don't do it for you!
Well I for one would give up an hour a day, never mind a week to hold a speed camera next to the road directly outside my flat. You have to be careful about reprisals though. Being left alone to face an aggressive "Why the f..k are you filming me you @~#t"?! nutter would totally put me off the idea!:unsure:

D

Deleted member 26715

Well I for one would give up an hour a day, never mind a week to hold a speed camera next to the road directly outside my flat. You have to be careful about reprisals though. Being left alone to face an aggressive "Why the f..k are you filming me you @~#t"?! nutter would totally put me off the idea!:unsure:

You're not alone there will be at least 3 of you there, you do not confront anybody, you simply film & record,

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
You're not alone there will be at least 3 of you there, you do not confront anybody, you simply film & record,

I meant they confront you, the camera holder, not you the camera holder confronts them. They see you filming them speeding. They take offence, in many cases due to cocaine use/abuse causing paranoia and aggression, so they slam their brakes on, get out and either rip the camera out your hand or worse punch you in the face!

Anyway, I'm not getting into a debate about 'road safety' as that'd be 'thread hijacking' :okay:

OP
OP
Zipp2001

Zipp2001

Veteran
The best thing is we have to get an inspection sticker from our state every year. It makes sure your car passes certain emission and safety standards to be considered road worthy. Seeing that the car is titled as a 1923 they can only check a few items and it's off I go. The best thing is the car is super easy to work on, not like my 370Z was.

Top Bottom