Greater Manchester CAZ - doomed to the bin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
The Mayor pandering the the wailing masses. Proof that pursuit of the populist vote isn't confined to one side of the spectrum.

I read a while back that the average car journey in Manchester was less than 1000 metres, so there clearly is a demand for the right to pollute without consequence and the Mayor has prioritised his reelection prospects ahead of doing the right thing.

Has Randy Burnside said what he will do instead to protect his residents from air pollution?

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Somewhat flies in the face of restricting polluting vehicles in the built-up areas. It's a fail to me.
Whilst I get the point on paper than investing in clean public transport looks to achieve the same thing, unless there's restriction on vehicular use by some other measure, or that public transport is both cheap, numerous, reliable and far-reaching geographically, It'll likely fail. It's a nice carrot to have but it needs the stick as well.

DRM

Guru
https://mappinggm.org.uk/clean-air-plan/#os_maps_light/10/53.5109/-2.4280
Have a look at the map it was just too big, it borders West Yorkshire to the East, Cheshire to the south, Merseyside to the West & North Lancs to the North, anyone in this huge area was looking at having to purchase a suitable car just to leave their drive, it was unworkable, by all means put it in Manchester City Centre, but this scheme was just too much

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom