England : Greater Manchester Greater Manchester Cycle 2012

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
Feels like it's getting closer now

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1335257571734.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1335257571734.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 50

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Grrrrrrrr............... I was about to sign up for the 52 when I spotted the line about compulsory helmets hidden away in the small print. I wonder how many people are going to arrive on the day and be turned away?

I will just have to manage with the bike events M/cr-Blackpool and M/cr 100 mile, bloody gutted because the 52 miles against the clock felt like it was going to be a great challenge but they can stuff it if they think they can dictate to me that an amateur cyclist wears a helmets in a non-competitive event :cursing:

(just off to bike events to make sure their rules haven't changed since I last took part in one?)

Grrrrrrrr............... I was about to sign up for the 52 when I spotted the line about compulsory helmets hidden away in the small print. I wonder how many people are going to arrive on the day and be turned away?

I will just have to manage with the bike events M/cr-Blackpool and M/cr 100 mile, bloody gutted because the 52 miles against the clock felt like it was going to be a great challenge but they can stuff it if they think they can dictate to me that an amateur cyclist wears a helmets in a non-competitive event :cursing:

(just off to bike events to make sure their rules haven't changed since I last took part in one?)
see post #2

Garz

Squat Member
I signed up for it last week. Like someone mentioned it will be totally different to a hilly event so the 18mph average should not be much of a problem.

Alun

Guru
I know, I know. I kind of assumed that you were alluding to a 'helmets are strongly recommended' type policy but reading the rider info on the website removes any doubt. They have a no helmet, no ride rule.
If it's on open roads, I suppose you could just ride it anyway, but you wouldn't get your time recorded or goody bag at the finish, nor your complementary massage!

Garz

Squat Member
No Gaz.

I also U-turned on the jersey and asked them if I could still get the discount. I got a NO. :sad:

Top Bottom