Greatest band, greatest frontman

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Some kind of illness has taken you.

Plant, Ozzy are contenders. The rest are in no way seminal front men.
Marriott was a star, if you'd seen him live you'd know it

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1RgMBqEYZBk&feature=player_detailpage

"She had the nerve to put this bald-headed fat little has-been down"..........................priceless. :becool:

Last edited:

Tin Pot

Guru
In what way?

There is singing and there is performing. It took a few years but I learned this eventually.

I love his voice, genuinely one of my favourites. But a great, no, *the* greatest front man is someone who owns the stage, the audience, and beyond that - I can think of few people beyond Jagger who do all that simply by walking in.

It's not about voice, it's about performance. There are great front men who frankly had average voices. Sinatra, as a controversial example.

Singing is one thing, performing...being a great front man...is another thing.

Chromatic

Legendary Member
True. Arguably Twattery is a required characteristic for The Greatest Front Man of All Time.

See the video for "Dancing in the streets".

Charisma maybe, but twattishness? No.

Tin Pot

Guru
Charisma maybe, but twattishness? No.

You've got to really, really put yourself out there to be an immense performer, really put yourself on the line. I don't see how you can do that successfully every time without looking like a twat occasionally.

IMHO Axl was in that league but far more twat than great.

So, if your career has no Twattery then you just weren't trying hard enough :smile:

beastie

Guru
James Brown ...GFOS
Freddie Mercury
Mick Jagger.

The wife and I went to see the Kaiser Chiefs last winter. Ricky Wilson was excellent.

Best bands

The Doors
The Rolling Stones
GnR
Nirvana

Top Bottom