Green Cross Code

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rogerzilla

Legendary Member
I don't think they teach it any more. Three times today, I had people step or (in one case) ride out into the road without even a single look. They're all going to be mown down by silent electric cars, aren't they?

A loud "WHOA!" always gets their attention but they all just froze like deer in headlights and in each case I had to cross the white line to go round them. Road safety seems to consist of "buy a car" these days!

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
about time we used someone to teach the green cross code
1597606315589.png

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
I don't think they teach it any more. Three times today, I had people step or (in one case) ride out into the road without even a single look. They're all going to be mown down by silent electric cars, aren't they?
Drivers won't be as reluctant to sound the horn as you seem to be to use your bell!

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Yes you're right. Having a grey moment.
He was a red squirrel....

Slick

Guru
Schools went back here last week. They didn't need headphones to distract them, I was amazed at those wandering seemingly aimlessly staring at their screens.

Badger_Boom

Über Member
Headphone zombies are quite an issue, bells are useless against 98db of Adele splitting your brain cells....
I nearly took one out today.

I also wonder if the quiet roads of lockdown are what has led to a spate of zombies walking straight across side roads without looking. I seem to encounter someone doing this every time I turn into our street off the main road.

Top Bottom