Green Cross Code

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Poor choice of crossing less than 50m from the nearest pelican. ^_^
The pelican's in the wrong place, as usual, you mean?

D

Deleted member 26715

The pelican's in the wrong place, as usual, you mean?
In our area, they put them about 25M from the roundabouts, which means when they are on red the whole roundabout get clogged up.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
I nearly took one out today.

I also wonder if the quiet roads of lockdown are what has led to a spate of zombies walking straight across side roads without looking. I seem to encounter someone doing this every time I turn into our street off the main road.
I certainly noticed that during lockdown when few cars were about....

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
I nearly took one out today.

I also wonder if the quiet roads of lockdown are what has led to a spate of zombies walking straight across side roads without looking. I seem to encounter someone doing this every time I turn into our street off the main road.

If they are already crossing, they have priority and you should give way.

Badger_Boom

Über Member
If they are already crossing, they have priority and you should give way.
I did, on every occasion, although they were 'already crossing' in the sense of continuing to walk of fhte pavement into the road, not halfway accross the junction when I arrived to turn in.

My point was that it used to be (well, I was taught it was) normal to look and see if a 3 ton 4x4 is bearing down on you, rather than trusting to luck that the driver is looking where he's going and/or aware of the same rule.

Badger_Boom

Über Member
Like most things involving right-of-way, Duty of Care etc - both parties have some responsibility.
They do, but only one of them needs to be reminded that they are pink and squishy and that averting their gaze from their phone or the pavement for a split second could save their life. I keep a good lookout behind the wheel and avoid as many distractions as possible when I'm driving, but some people's lack of situational awareness (motorists, pedestrians and cyclists among them) scares the carp out of me.

Top Bottom