Green Mile film.

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by postman, 12 Aug 2019.

1. Drago

Drago Flouncing Nobber

It's a great film. Did you know that David Morse who played Brutus is in fact the same height as Michael Clarke Duncan who played John Coffey? MCD was an immensely huge individual, bit was filmed where possible on a platform to make him appear even bigger.

Saluki and Cycleops like this.
  2. Cycleops

Cycleops Guru

They also made Duncan's bed smaller to further the illusion. Apparently the producers were having difficulty in finding someone for the role and it was Bruce Willis that suggested Duncan. Fifteen mice were trained to do different tricks. @1hr35mins Hanks seems to wipe sweat from his shirt but it was the mouse who had crapped on him.
    In another piece of useless trivia Tom Hanks accepted the role as a favour to Frank Darabont for turning down the role of Andy Dufresne in Shawshank in order to play Forrest Gump.

Last edited: 12 Aug 2019
    Drago likes this.
  3. Lullabelle

Lullabelle Banana

I read the book-cried my eyes out at the end-watched the film-cried my eyes out at the end. The book gives you so much more than the film can, although both were something special.

A self-confessed Stephen King fan :thumbsup:

Cycleops likes this.
  4. nickyboy

nickyboy Norven Mankey

A bit of sentimental schtick but it plays well to Tom Hanks' strengths

I'm more of a Human Centipede kinda guy.

5. Phaeton

Phaeton Guru

54 is no age at all.

Drago likes this.
  6. Drago

Drago Flouncing Nobber

I suspect the growth hormones and steroids he took when lifting probably didn't help (he was huge in The Scorpion King, but the tell tale signs are quite apparent). He cleaned up, turned veggie, lost a load of weight, got seriously fit (he'd go jogging with a tractor tyre tied to a rope around his waist and dragging behind him!) and karked it!

He was famous as the actor that gave 5 dollars to anyone who could remember his name before he'd sign an autograph.

Cycleops and Phaeton like this.
  7. swee'pea99

swee'pea99 Legendary Member

I think there you speak for us all.

MontyVeda and Drago like this.
  8. Cycleops

Cycleops Guru

Not for me :smile:

9. Phaeton

Phaeton Guru

Nor me

10. Cuchilo

Cuchilo Prize winning member X2

I watch both if they are on . Banging films !

11. If you think the film is good (which it is..) read book amazing.. one of the books i wish i could read again for the first time

12. gavgav

gavgav Guru

2 films that are in my top 5 ever

13. Electric_Andy

Electric_Andy Heavy Metal Fan

Cujo is also a good read. Ot was the first SK book i read. Only Stephen King can write a whole rivetting book full of suspense when it's just a woman stuck in a car!

14. Charlotte Alice Button

Charlotte Alice Button Specialized Super Fan

Shawshank is :wub: I love it....

15. Paulus

Paulus Started young, and still going.

I have The Green Mile recorded, I have never seen it. It is on the recorder with many others for those long winter nights that are a few months away.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice