Green Mile film.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
It's a great film. Did you know that David Morse who played Brutus is in fact the same height as Michael Clarke Duncan who played John Coffey? MCD was an immensely huge individual, bit was filmed where possible on a platform to make him appear even bigger.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
It's a great film. Did you know that David Morse who played Brutus is in fact the same height as Michael Clarke Duncan who played John Coffey? MCD was an immensely huge individual, bit was filmed where possible on a platform to make him appear even bigger.
They also made Duncan's bed smaller to further the illusion. Apparently the producers were having difficulty in finding someone for the role and it was Bruce Willis that suggested Duncan. Fifteen mice were trained to do different tricks. @1hr35mins Hanks seems to wipe sweat from his shirt but it was the mouse who had crapped on him.
In another piece of useless trivia Tom Hanks accepted the role as a favour to Frank Darabont for turning down the role of Andy Dufresne in Shawshank in order to play Forrest Gump.

Last edited:

Lullabelle

Banana
I found Green Mile engaging but ultimately tedious... but then again, I find Tom Hanks tedious... particularly when he's playing a bloke struggling to pee. I expect the book is much better.

I read the book-cried my eyes out at the end-watched the film-cried my eyes out at the end. The book gives you so much more than the film can, although both were something special.

A self-confessed Stephen King fan :thumbsup:

Drago

Legendary Member
I suspect the growth hormones and steroids he took when lifting probably didn't help (he was huge in The Scorpion King, but the tell tale signs are quite apparent). He cleaned up, turned veggie, lost a load of weight, got seriously fit (he'd go jogging with a tractor tyre tied to a rope around his waist and dragging behind him!) and karked it!

He was famous as the actor that gave 5 dollars to anyone who could remember his name before he'd sign an autograph.

D

Deleted member 26715

gavgav

Guru
My word being the soppy old bloke that i am.I watched this film with George on Friday night.My word what a great film.So i have spotted a copy on e bay.So i am going to buy my own copy and i will also buy The Shawshank Redemption .Two great films.
2 films that are in my top 5 ever

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
Cujo is also a good read. Ot was the first SK book i read. Only Stephen King can write a whole rivetting book full of suspense when it's just a woman stuck in a car!

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
I have The Green Mile recorded, I have never seen it. It is on the recorder with many others for those long winter nights that are a few months away.

Top Bottom