Greenfly

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jacqui

Hi

Not sure which section this should go in ( I thought about the nutrition as I have swallowed loads of the things) .

Anyway there seems to be some sort of greenfly plague any tips on how to avoid getting the in nose , mouth eys etc as I know I need to keep breathing.

I did see some cotton scarf type thingys is TK maxx and thought they might be a good ideas as I has already swallowed several flys when cycling along the canal a few weeks ago.

Jacqui

For greenfly try one of these:

casco-follow-me-ladybird-helmet-53071.jpg

gps315

Über Member
I wear a buff around my neck and pull it up to cover my mouth and nose when near the river or end up eating half the flies....do look a bit like a bank robber.....

Hont

Guru
Hazard of the season unfortunately. Eyewear should stop them going in your eyes if you use wraparound frames that fit snugly to your face.

I guess you could try a scarf if it really is that bad but it will make you hotter in warm weather and won't help your breathing much.

jayonabike

Powered by caffeine & whisky
gps315 said:
I wear a buff around my neck and pull it up to cover my mouth and nose when near the river or end up eating half the flies....do look a bit like a bank robber.....
I might have to get one of those. I went out for a ride earlier, about 5 miles of it was down an old dis-used railway line. By the time i got back on the road i was covered in greenfly, and eaten more than my daily quota.

Garz

Squat Member
Had this happen on yesterdays ride, yes loads were freeloading till I descended at 40mph mwahahaha!

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Yes covered in the buggers and swallowed a couple i reckon, certainly Gobbed a few out.

They seem to make a greenfly line for nose,mouth and ears :smile:

Svendo

Guru
cyberknight said:
Yes covered in the buggers and swallowed a couple i reckon, certainly Gobbed a few out.

They seem to make a greenfly line for nose,mouth and ears :smile:

+1 . Swallowed a few flying ants today too.

arallsopp

Post of The Year 2009 winner
Yup. Loads in South East London today. Particularly around the commons / green spaces. They were evidently well fed, as most were plenty juicy, exploding in little verdant bursts on my tongue.

Seamab

Covered in them yesterday. I applied sunscreen for the first time this year and came back in looking like a fly trap!

Amazing since i had been on some of the same roads on Sunday when it was cooler and there were none.

Panter

Just call me Chris...
Alien8 said:
For greenfly try one of these:

casco-follow-me-ladybird-helmet-53071.jpg

Fantastic :biggrin:

I got covered in the buggers yesterday, they hitched a lift all the way home (creating lord alone knows how much extra drag) and then dissapeared in the direction of my tomato plants as soon as I stopped.

Bar-stewards.

Seamab said:
Covered in them yesterday. I applied sunscreen for the first time this year and came back in looking like a fly trap!

Amazing since i had been on some of the same roads on Sunday when it was cooler and there were none.
Where did you go? I went out for a lap of Loch Leven in the evening and was surprised there was none, there can be thousands there.

Top Bottom