Greenhouse anchorage

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Sharky

Sharky

Guru
I suspect it's windier down in Kent than in my garden, but I think mines rock solid.
Well it was a bit windy in 1987
Can't believe that was 33 years ago. We are in the same house and we lost a few trees that year and a few roof tiles, which slid down on to my car. Luckily covered by insurance.

Levo-Lon

Guru
Think I might get one of these. It seems iy will give me a few options
https://www.robertdyas.co.uk/palram...BloM07hY5e5FlubLb9lzROrq_HIZsGbYaAql8EALw_wcB

Thanks for all the replies, has been really helpful.

If it ever arrives and I manage to get it up, will post a picture.

They'll do,if you can't screw them in simply dig a small hole so it's in the ground and then cement them

Mr Celine

Discordian
My greenhouse frame is screwed to a base made of 600x200x50 concrete paving slabs (they were square but cut up with an angle grinder).

It has survived six winters in a windy spot in a location which is apparently considerably windier than Kent.
1586520613770.png

Drago

Legendary Member
This is what I did.

Standard ali framed greenhouse, glazed with the hollow polycarbonate stuff. Didn't want a concrete base in case I wanted to rearrange the garden in the future.

So I found a spot and levelled the ground. I then plonked the greenhouse there.

"Drago,you maniac!", I hear you cry! "One good puff of wind and air traffic control will be able to track it as it heads for the north sea, you lunatic!"

Oh ye of little faith! I got 2 scaffold planks and cut them to the same internal length as the greenhouse. I placed them inside the greenhouse, one on each side lengthwise, but not up the to edge. I then used some dirty great stainless screws to attach the end of each plank to the bottom rim of the greenhouse. I then anchored it to the ground by the simple expedient of placing over a tonne of planters and tubs on the planks. Just to make it look tidy I sprinkled some bark chips mover the floor.

Sods law, in 5 or 6 years I've not felt the urge to rearrange the garden so I could have laid a proper base after all 🤦

Top Bottom