Greetings from Granada, South of Spain

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

uge

Hi everybody.

I´m from Granada, (south of Spain). I am completely newbie in this forum. We are about to move to Leicester for one month in July-August 2012 and of course i would bring my road bike too. I would like to know people from Leicester for a few rides in the zone.
What about this zone (Leicester) for a road bike?, is it a flat zone?, hills?...In Granada we have one of the most steep zones of Spain, so i like very much hill climbing. In July 22 i´ll be in Bolton for the UK Ironman, and after this, my family and me will move to Leicester for at least one month. We are going to try the "british way of live".

Also, if anyone is interested in a ride in Granada´s zone do not hesitate to contact with me. Me and my mates from Granada Triathlon Club could offer you any kind of ride level, a "Total Climb Experience" a "light ride", and so on.

ZIZAG

Veteran
:rolleyes: Greetings & Welcome to the Forum .
Hope you enjoy your stay In England.

"Hasta La Vista por la Manana" .
Mia Amigo :biggrin: :hello:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Welcome Uge :hello:

Sorry I cannot help you with info. on the Leicester area, too far south for me.
Yes, welcome!

As for the Leicester area - generally pretty flat, I'm afraid, but apparently Rutland to the east of Leicester is very nice cycling country and CC member totallyfixed has started organising forum rides there so keep your eyes open for them.

OP
OP
uge

uge

Hiya Uge :hello: I don't know much about Leicester apart from it is down south, in fact I probably know more about the terrain in southern Spain and I've only been there once :thumbsup: I was based in Denia, Costa Blanca for a fortnight and there are some good hills there :smile:

ok you should try one of the climbs we have here in Granada, have a look to this one "Haza Llana", its only a five miles climb, but with a maximum percentage of 21%. or this one Sierra Nevada, with 26miles at a 6% of medium percentage.
rolleyes.gif

Ajay

Veteran
ok you should try one of the climbs we have here in Granada, have a look to this one "Haza Llana", its only a five miles climb, but with a maximum percentage of 21%. or this one Sierra Nevada, with 26miles at a 6% of medium percentage.
rolleyes.gif
Hi Uge, oh that brings back some great memories for me. I cycled over the Veleta from Granada then down into Las Alpujarras whilst on tour in 1995. The descent on the unmade road was some of the most intense cycling ever.
I can confirm, there are no mountains in Leicestershire!

Hi everybody.

We are going to try the "british way of live".

Welcome! To achieve your aim you will need to get yourself a sofa, a 42 inch TV, many tins of beer and the telephone number of your local pizza take-away! You won't need your bike, however.
rolleyes.gif

Hope you enjoy every minute of your stay.
wave.gif

OP
OP
uge

uge

Welcome! To achieve your aim you will need to get yourself a sofa, a 42 inch TV, many tins of beer and the telephone number of your local pizza take-away! You won't need your bike, however.
rolleyes.gif

Hope you enjoy every minute of your stay.
wave.gif

oh, i´m afraid it´s the same of Spanish way of life, but you have forgotten one important thing, ... the football. In fact there are two types of sports in Spain, the football, and the others.
wacko.gif

Globalti

Legendary Member
Hola Uge, I lived in Granada for two months in 1977 in Hostal Lis in Calle de la Alhondiga. I loved living there, it's a beautiful city.

Be sure to let us know when you arrive in England and we will do our best to help and advise.

Reactions: uge
oh, i´m afraid it´s the same of Spanish way of life, but you have forgotten one important thing, ... the football. In fact there are two types of sports in Spain, the football, and the others.
wacko.gif

Ah, football - I am afraid as a Scot, its been sometime since I brought the subject up!

Top Bottom