Greetings from Kent

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Zcapp96

Hi,

Last summer I was shocked my appalling state of health when I saw a video of me running in the dads race at my daughters sports day! Dusted off my old £100 catalog dual suspension mountain bike (not seen action for 9 years!) and was hooked! Bought a Triban 5 two months later and never looked back. Am now 3.5 stone lighter and just did the ride london in 4hrs 29mins! Looking forward to the challenges ahead as long as they don't involve too many hills!

Hatevessel

Regular
Welcome, I'm a newbie from Kent too, although not upto your standard, not by a long shot! Whereabouts in Kent?

Ganymede

Veteran
Hi,

Last summer I was shocked my appalling state of health when I saw a video of me running in the dads race at my daughters sports day! Dusted off my old £100 catalog dual suspension mountain bike (not seen action for 9 years!) and was hooked! Bought a Triban 5 two months later and never looked back. Am now 3.5 stone lighter and just did the ride london in 4hrs 29mins! Looking forward to the challenges ahead as long as they don't involve too many hills!
Welcome, I'm also from Kent and enjoy a rolling but not hilly part of the county near Headcorn. Not sure I'll ever do a 100-miler but I've certainly found the fitness has improved amazingly!

OP
OP
Z

Zcapp96

I'm from Sittingbourne way, sometimes venture out past Headcorn but that always involves having to cycle up the north downs on the way back!

Invicta!
(My original homeland)

Welcome. Is Stone Street still a lovely ride?

Hi,

Welcome

Trickedem

Guru
And another Kentish Man here, welcome to you all. If you are out and about tonight you might see a lot of cyclechatters as we ride from London via Rochester and Sittingbourne to Whitstable tonight.

Top Bottom