FNRttC Friday Night Ride to the Coast - Whitstable, 15th August

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kimble

Veteran
Bike fettled, tyres inspected, batteries inflated, rainlegs charging, lungs sterioded and digestive system given a stern talking to. I think that's everything covered except for a decent amount of sleep and orange cardboard for the return trip.

rvw

Guru
Have a great time, all - I'm a bit sad to be missing this one but I'm having a nice time over in Shropshire with my mum! Don't let @srw eat all the bread pudding...

Dibdib

Powered by Jelly Babies
I almost forgot the most critical part of my pre-ride preparation - the hipflask!

HipFlask.jpg

Duly corrected... that was close ^_^

Last edited:

kimble

Veteran
Right, off to Mordor Central...

theclaud

Openly Marxist
What's the temperature like out there? It's hard to tell because First Great Western have decided that the British summer climate warrants refrigerated trains. I could be mistaken for @ianrauk by someone who has only seen his avatar.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
What's the temperature like out there? It's hard to tell because First Great Western have decided that the British summer climate warrants refrigerated trains. I could be mistaken for @ianrauk by someone who has only seen his avatar.

Currently showing 17degs in Sarf East Lahndahn......reports saying get down to 14degs in Rochester, probs a couple of degs lower in't countryside...

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
My Shepherds Bush Climate Research Station (aka the garden thermometer) reads 18C
Edit: sorry, Ian scalped me..

theclaud

Openly Marxist
Currently showing 17degs in Sarf East Lahndahn......reports saying get down to 14degs in Rochester, probs a couple of degs lower in't countryside...
Sounds great, although I am beginning to doubt my chances of surviving as far as Padders. What would Bear Grylls do?

Top Bottom