Greetings from Newcastle

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hip Priest

Veteran
Evening all

I've recently started commuting by bike, having not ridden for a few years, with the intention of getting fit and avoiding public transport. I've got a Halfords Apollo BSO (God, I wish I'd done my research before purchasing) but it isn't too bad (aluminium, fixed frame...etc) and I've enjoyed my first few 10-mile round trips to work.

I've joined Cycle Chat to shoot the breeze with other cyclists and pick up some hints & tips along the way.

Cheers

Hip Priest

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Welcome to the mad house Hip Priest. No question too stupid, the answers might be though. There is another newbie from Tyneside a few posts down, maybe you could hook up with them for some rides etc.

joett1978

welcome from me too!!!
joe

Mark_Robson

I live in Teesside ha haa is that we're called? Home town (Hartlepool) the mecca of pound shops! we're known as the Monkey hangers or Cod heads never heard the term Smoggies or smogmonster maybe thats reserved for those across the river in Middlesbrough!
Your not a smoggy Rodge, your a monkey hanger :tongue: Actually I really like Hartlepool, you have some cracking fishing spots and I love the marina. And my kids love Poundland. :rolleyes:

Top Bottom