Greetings From York.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Spokeman,
I just did a search for the GBBR 87 and your post came up.
I was on that ride and was interested in the route details. I often pass the hotel on the corner of the A82 at Tarbert, Loch Lomond and am sure I remember stopping for a refresher and seeing the blind Australian (who did the ride on the back of a tandem) getting a skin-full.
If you have any details please let me know. You can email me via this forum I believe.
It was indeed a very wonderful ride. The last day from Fort William to Mallaig along with a the ride in high winds through Yorkshire and Northumberland really stand out.

Bonk! Spokeman has posted twice since April - I doubt if he comes here too much. Try and see if you can send him an email.

Ni2bba2011

Welcome -love York......is the Cycleworks still going??

Lived in Saltburn By Sea for anumber of years and still go back and to Robin Hoods Bay etc.

crowd.jpg

------------------------------------------
ads by google
Coach outleteverything will be ok!!!
Coach factory outletWork hard with love~!~~
Coach HandbagsIf the the road is wrong,just stop,and the right will be there~

teletext45

Hiya Eddie, welcome to the site!

I'm based in Beverley often organise group rides, keep an eye out on informal rides part of the forum. Theres a topic named 'East yorkshire ride'

organising somthing for the end of this month/october

andy

OP
OP
spokeman

spokeman

Regular
Spokeman,
I just did a search for the GBBR 87 and your post came up.
I was on that ride and was interested in the route details. I often pass the hotel on the corner of the A82 at Tarbert, Loch Lomond and am sure I remember stopping for a refresher and seeing the blind Australian (who did the ride on the back of a tandem) getting a skin-full.
If you have any details please let me know. You can email me via this forum I believe.
It was indeed a very wonderful ride. The last day from Fort William to Mallaig along with a the ride in high winds through Yorkshire and Northumberland really stand out.
Hi Bonk! I've not been on this site for quite a while, so I've only just got your message, it's great to know there are still some that remember the GBBR 87, still considered the "Best" Ride of my life, the Natural Theatre Company were brilliant popping up along the way.
If Bike Events ever consider doing another one, I think I just might do it.
Nice to hear from you my friend, take care.
Eddie.

Top Bottom