1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Greetings to all you tourists from a newish member

Discussion in 'Touring and Adventure Cycling' started by Eurostar, 11 Apr 2008.

1. Eurostar

Eurostar Über Member

This board seems a bit busier than it was last time I was at CC, and it's been quite inspiring to read about other people's plans and to be directed to this site www.adventure-cycling-guide.co.uk. So I thought I'd just say hello :ohmy:.
    By the way, I was Eurostar at C+, then Nick H. at ACF. Now I'm Porkins at YACF.

At the moment I'm trying to sell up and disappear on a multi-year tour/escape from real life. I'm half way through building a Dave Yates tourer. (I built the frame on his course.) I'm compromising between ultralight and luxurious. I'm also hoping to be aero by dispensing with panniers. This is because I have a silly obsession with raising my average speed and setting some PBs for daily distances.

2. Bigtallfatbloke

Bigtallfatbloke New Member

Hi...good to hear from you.
    What does the phrase 'aero' mean?....I take it it has nothing to do with chocolate?

3. ASC1951

ASC1951 Guru

aero[dynamic] - unlike some of us, Eurostar's legs are narrower than his panniers would be.

4. Cathryn

Cathryn California Correspondant

Welcome to the board!!

Have to laugh, I'm about as aerodynamic as a tank when I'm touring - too many shoes to take with me!!! I do really like the idea of building up my own bike though...might try that when I get back from this summer's adventure!

5. Bigtallfatbloke

Bigtallfatbloke New Member

I have actually got a very aerodynamic body...it's not mine mind you.;)

6. OP
    OP
    Eurostar

Eurostar Über Member

I'm a bit pished, bouhgt a big jarof nutella on the wa home. soryy.!!!!!