Greetings!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cp40Carl

Über Member
Just a quick hello as, after many months of lurking on this site, I thought I should finally join up.

Earlier in the year I suddenly felt the need to drink decent quality coffee and wear tight fitting luminous clothing. Oh, yes, I also got a bike. I guess I'm hooked.

Been a good year cycling though, albeit I haven't clocked up many miles as yet. I initially bought a second hand road bike (called a racer in my day!) although, having briefly gone off road with it and had the scariest ride of my life, traded it in for a used hybrid.

Anyway, been enjoying this site for a while now so pleased to become a member and looking forward to years of top tips, advice and encouragement.

Mrs M

Guru
:welcome: Hello, glad you decided to join us.

OP
OP
Cp40Carl

Cp40Carl

Über Member
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone, it's very nice of you and is much appreciated.

I've just been trying (and failed) to fit some mudguards to my bike. Was going to go for quick ride afterwards but, after standing in the cold for an hour trying to fit them, I gave up and decided to come indoors to thaw out. Guess I must be a lightweight 'fair weather' cyclist; I will work on improving this in 2015...

New Year wishes to all!

OP
OP
Cp40Carl

Cp40Carl

Über Member
Welcome!
Get the LBS to fit the mudguards, too cold now for outdoor fettling.
Or you could take the bike inside :biggrin:

LBS sounds like a good idea. However, if I dared to bring the bike indoors, I would probably end up living in the shed with it. I'm not sure if I'm ready for that level of commitment just yet...

Just a quick hello as, after many months of lurking on this site, I thought I should finally join up.

Earlier in the year I suddenly felt the need to drink decent quality coffee and wear tight fitting luminous clothing. Oh, yes, I also got a bike. I guess I'm hooked.

Been a good year cycling though, albeit I haven't clocked up many miles as yet. I initially bought a second hand road bike (called a racer in my day!) although, having briefly gone off road with it and had the scariest ride of my life, traded it in for a used hybrid.

Anyway, been enjoying this site for a while now so pleased to become a member and looking forward to years of top tips, advice and encouragement.
Welcome plenty of helpful types on here.

Top Bottom