Greetings!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Johnno260

Veteran
Just joined the community here today /wave.

I am quite new to cycling and I am entry level into the realm of cycling, I needed another way of keeping fit after injury stopped me doing martial arts and cycling fits the bill very well.

I currently cycle on a Boardman Hybrid Comp 2014 or what's left of it! I didn't realise how bad our roads are until I started cycling.

I have 100% got the riding bug now and I am out as often as possible.

I really would like to make the change to a road bike with drop handlebars in the future, I quite like the look of the Merida Ride 100 in the local store.

Last edited:

steve50

Disenchanted Member
Hello and welcome to the forum.

Nibor

Bewildered
:welcome:If you like the look of the Merida take it for a test ride to see if it feels right buying from your local shop is great especially when you are a newbie and need a little more assistance with adjustments etc.

OP
OP
Johnno260

Johnno260

Veteran
:welcome:If you like the look of the Merida take it for a test ride to see if it feels right buying from your local shop is great especially when you are a newbie and need a little more assistance with adjustments etc.

I really like the Merida it seems to be nicely spec'd for the price, I may ask him if I can test one! but he knows how accident prone I am from all the repair work I pushed his way! lol

magictime

Hi! If you're currently riding a Boardman Hybrid Comp 2014 and wanting to make the switch to a road bike, I wonder if you've noticed that Halfords are currently offering some very good prices and £100 of free accessories (of your choice) on all their remaining Boardman 2014 bikes. The Road Comp, for instance, is £420, if you wanted to do the straightest swap possible!

OP
OP
Johnno260

Johnno260

Veteran
Hi! If you're currently riding a Boardman Hybrid Comp 2014 and wanting to make the switch to a road bike, I wonder if you've noticed that Halfords are currently offering some very good prices and £100 of free accessories (of your choice) on all their remaining Boardman 2014 bikes. The Road Comp, for instance, is £420, if you wanted to do the straightest swap possible!

Oh wow I hadn't noticed that I will take a look! Thankyou very much.

magictime

I'd check the website rather than in store, because stocks are clearly running very low. I probably would have bought myself an MX Comp last week - is that your current bike? - but they'd sold out of my size.

OP
OP
Johnno260

Johnno260

Veteran
I'd check the website rather than in store, because stocks are clearly running very low. I probably would have bought myself an MX Comp last week - is that your current bike? - but they'd sold out of my size.

Hi my current one is a 2014 Hybrid comp, just spent some cash on repairs for this as well.

magictime

Ah, I hadn't realised there was a model actually called "Hybrid Comp", but I knew the MX Comp was a hybrid bike. Looks like it's the next model up the range, with front suspension.

OP
OP
Johnno260

Johnno260

Veteran
the Boardman range seems to be expanding quite a bit, when I went to a shop to pick up for washer fluid the other day there was a whole row of different Boardmans!

Top Bottom