Greetings

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rosie 5678

Hi everyone
I've just joined the forum and thought I would say hello! Although I've had a bike for a few years I've not really been consistent but I'm determined to stick with it this year. I'm grateful for any advice as when it comes to cycling I'm clueless :smile:

:welcome:, it's all here for the asking, pile in!

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
Hi everyone
I've just joined the forum and thought I would say hello! Although I've had a bike for a few years I've not really been consistent but I'm determined to stick with it this year. I'm grateful for any advice as when it comes to cycling I'm clueless :smile:

Hello. :welcome:

Less of the doing yourself down tho, perhaps??

You can't be clueless - you have a bike and you can ride it, that already puts you well up the 'evolved human' scale.

Just make sure your saddle is comfy, your bike is set up sizewise* for you and then you'll want to ride lots more.

There'll be help with all that on here if you need it.

The rest of it is just getting out and being a cyclist :bicycle:

*saw a lot of folks making hard work for themselves on too-small bikes last weekend.

OP
OP
R

Rosie 5678

Hi again,
Thanks for the replies. I bought my bike from an independent bike shop so fingers crossed it's not too small . I've just started commuting to work although I'm building up to do it every day. I'm based in North Yorkshire so I have plenty of hills to tackle. Although I'm no longer dreadful on the bike I'm looking forward to getting to the point when I can cycle longer distances without being exhausted at the end

Lavender Rose

Specialized Fan Girl
Hi again,
Thanks for the replies. I bought my bike from an independent bike shop so fingers crossed it's not too small . I've just started commuting to work although I'm building up to do it every day. I'm based in North Yorkshire so I have plenty of hills to tackle. Although I'm no longer dreadful on the bike I'm looking forward to getting to the point when I can cycle longer distances without being exhausted at the end

It's all about pace, it's definitely worth getting a bike fit to ensure you are comfortable from the get go. Hopefully you were able to check a frame size guide before buying?

Top Bottom