Grimeca Disc Brakes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Chrismawa

Über Member
I've got an old Trek MTB that I'm wondering if its worth saving or breaking for parts. It's got a set of mechanical Grimeca disc brakes on. Can't find much info on these and the only matching item on eBay has the words "rare" written on it. Are these possibly worth anything?

si_c

Guru
Unlikely to be worth much - they are a very old type of cable disc brakes, maybe worth buying for a vintage build up but will be terrible compared to good modern cable brakes not to mention full hydraulics.

If doing a rebuild I'd put some Shimano hydraulics on in their place - assuming you can cget the mount kit.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
One occasion when ‘rare’ is correctly applied on eBay, not because it’s particularly valuable but because there simply aren’t many about. Only worth something to someone who is seeking them out, which can’t be many. Sorry.

Drago

Legendary Member
Waayyy back when I had a Trek with those on. Broadly similar to the early Tektro mechanical calipers, although arguably better quality. Decent stoppers if theyre working well. Not rare as such, just uncommon - lack of sales 15 years ago doesn't really translate to elavated prices today.

Top Bottom