Groupset help please - all these numbers are baffling me!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
S

sabian92

Über Member
Or you could take the advice on your other thread; ride your bike more and lose some kilos.

The bike that doesn't fit you mean? :whistle:

I've ordered my build (barring wheels which are being handbuilt and I'm putting my order in when I collect the frame at the weekend) for my Disc Trucker and should be ready to roll for the start of May.

I did go for a triple by the way FWIW - Deore 44-32-22 on the front and Deore 11-28 on the rear.

Last edited:
@Eurostar I changed it for a 12-23, and find the 19-21 a bit of a jump these days, the rest its just like silk can't tell its changed (or maybe it doesn't sometimes) anyway I have found since changing it I hardly drop on to the inner 28th (had to changed it as it was too big a drop from the 38th middle ring once I changed the cassette), not quite sure why this change has been, possible just due to a few years riding, my lowest gear is 33" or so (28x23), but I only really use the inner ring on longer steady climbs, though one hill nearly had me wanting, ok I was wanting, but is quite a short brutal climb, anyway, I like the new set up, 50/38/28 and 12-13-14-15-16-17-18-19-21-23, I can always put the inner 26 on if I know I will be riding tougher climbs, as it is only used for climbing.

Top Bottom