Grout

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tail End Charlie

Well, write it down boy ......
Cillit Bang mould cleaner. Or any one of them which has bleach in it.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
As above Cilit bang mould remover. Spray it on, leave it for as long as you can and then remove.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Or just use bleach. In the end though you'll have to use an old nail (unless you have a Dremel) to remove and regrout, not a nice job.

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
Cillit Bang mould cleaner. Or any one of them which has bleach in it.
This one is the best IME

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Buy a big a bottle of Domestos bleach and a few rolls of lavatory paper. Twist a couple of sheets of lavatory paper into a "snake" and dip it into the bleach until it is soaked. Then press the snake against the mould on the grout. It helps if you mash the snake into a pulp in-situ. The idea is to keep as much liquid bleach against the mould as possible for as long as possible. I leave it for about an hour. Repeat as necessary. It really does work!

BTW, undiluted bleach can give you dermatitis, so try and keep it off your hands. Top Tip @Drago: wear a pair of pink Marigolds and lock the door to spare you from embarrassment.:okay:

keithmac

Guru
You can buy bleach gel, maybe apply that with a brush of some sort.

We used Astonish on ours, spray and leave 20min, rinse down and reapply, took 6 rounds to sort it out but brought grout and silicone up as good as new.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
You talking to me?

Nothing works effectively or for long- the secret is to use epoxy grout to start with but a bit late to say that here... and it's a pain to use. I also like to specify grey epoxy grout which hides the problem and makes cleaning less of a chore.
Epoxy grout is an absolute nightmare to use! Blooming expensive too.
You spend more time cleaning your tools than doing the job.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
As above Cilit bang mould remover. Spray it on, leave it for as long as you can and then remove.

Another vote for this method though we are currently using the Tesco own brand product. When cleaning upstairs I spray it on when I start and then make cleaning the shower the last task after hoovering, dusting etc. Works very well.

Two tips to help reduce the problem. Shower with the window open to get rid of condensation ASAP. Use a window cleaning squeegee to clear water off the shower walls immediately after use. Again reduces condensation.

Top Bottom