Grout

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Buy a big a bottle of Domestos bleach and a few rolls of lavatory paper. Twist a couple of sheets of lavatory paper into a "snake" and dip it into the bleach until it is soaked. Then press the snake against the mould on the grout. It helps if you mash the snake into a pulp in-situ. The idea is to keep as much liquid bleach against the mould as possible for as long as possible. I leave it for about an hour. Repeat as necessary. It really does work!

BTW, undiluted bleach can give you dermatitis, so try and keep it off your hands. Top Tip @Drago: wear a pair of pink Marigolds and lock the door to spare you from embarrassment.:okay:
also works on the blackened silicone around the bathtub too :okay:

keithmac

Guru
This is what we use, it's excellent.

Think B&M sell it if there's one near.

Once you've got on top of it, a spray down once a week is more than enough.
Screenshot_20200302-174121_Samsung Internet.jpg

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
Ive sorted the silicone. Chiselled it all out and redid it with white sikaflex EBT - that wont go manky or brittle.

I'm resigned to pink marigolds, a stiff brush, and some kind of stong bleachy acidic ungent. And when the grout is done I can use the same get up for my dangleberrys.

Apparently, bleach kills mould on the surface but does not have much impact within the material. Vinegar is supposed to penetrate and and kill the subsurface mould better for longer.

PK99

Legendary Member
HG Grout cleaner,

Then this stuff to keep the whole shower clean, bright and shiny

No grout mold and no limescale build-up.

https://www.lakeland.co.uk/46303/Wet-&-Forget-Weekly-Shower-Spray-Cleaner-2L

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
Buy a big a bottle of Domestos bleach and a few rolls of lavatory paper. Twist a couple of sheets of lavatory paper into a "snake" and dip it into the bleach until it is soaked. Then press the snake against the mould on the grout. It helps if you mash the snake into a pulp in-situ. The idea is to keep as much liquid bleach against the mould as possible for as long as possible. I leave it for about an hour. Repeat as necessary. It really does work!

BTW, undiluted bleach can give you dermatitis, so try and keep it off your hands. Top Tip @Drago: wear a pair of pink Marigolds and lock the door to spare you from embarrassment.:okay:
This man knows the score @Drago , do this!

Lookrider

After you have cleaned up by any method you choose

Get a bottle if suitable sealer from the tile shop and sponge it on the grout
It takes no doing and puts a seal on surface of grout
This allows the future build of mould to be wiped off much easier as the sealer prevents the mould from seeping in
Re seal every year or so
Do not seal the mould in or it's going to be there a long time

Top Bottom