Growing your own

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kettlaness

I've acquired some (8) large belfast type sinks, as I'm skint, what type of veggies might I grow in them ? Is there anything that could crop this year ?

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
kettlaness said:
I've acquired some (8) large belfast type sinks, as I'm skint, what type of veggies might I grow in them ? Is there anything that could crop this year ?

Winter cabbage, lettuces, might still be ok for some radish's

Maz

Guru
kettlaness said:
Leeks?

IGMC :biggrin::ohmy:

U

User482

Maz said:
Leeks?

IGMC :biggrin::ohmy:

Boom tish!

You could try some late season carrots - make sure you raise the sinks a little to deter carrot fly. Plenty of time to sow some salad crops too.

One got left out in the street near me (for the bin men), so I took it home and used it as a herb garden - mint (keep it potted or it takes over), thyme, basil, chives etc.

Also try salad leaves or spinach - that allows you to keep cropping through the season.

Brains

Legendary Member
If the sinks are in good condition, no chips in places that matter or worn glazing you would be better of selling them - They would be worth upwars of £50 each in good nick

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Temporary cash or the pleasure and great taste of your own vegetables? I'd go for the latter - you can always sell the sinks later if you have to move and can't take them with you. The problem is that it's a bit late for anything for this year, though you might get away with som fast-growing salads vegetables. In the autumn you can plants some overwintering leeks, garlic, and cabbages etc. (check you get the right variety though).

Top Bottom