Grrrrrrrr rant about neighbours

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Globalti

Legendary Member
We had to move in a hurry when violent drug dealers moved in next door. Now we have lovely neighbours.

Have a look at the Neighbours From Hell website.

Renard

Are neighbour grants a new government initiative?

peanut said:
Well I get on fine with most of the others. We have our own resident's association etc . Maybe it was just me then .
I have been brought up to help others.

I just cannot comprehend how someone can just sit and watch someone else struggle with something and not offer to help. They are the sort of people who would walk around someone lying ill on the pavement

That doesn't bother me.I think I have a worse problem with my neighbour than that little misdemeanor.He knocked on my door tonight and accused me of playing a guitar earlier although I don't own a guitar or any musical instrument.Asked me about my sexual preferences,had a go about moving the bins about for the binman today.I wont bother with the bins in future.Accused me of coughing to annoy him and that I only do it at certain times.Told me I should go out and get a woman and treated everything I said to him like it was a pack of lies.Asked me if I'd been with his girlfriend.

I don't trust him and he does worry me.So it's ok ffor him to play music for 8 hours but im not allowed to play an imaginary guitar.Had to shut the door on him in the end as it wasn't worth talking to a person who took everything I said as a lie.We've had the police around once due to some incident upstairs.Sometimes he wakes up and spends hal the night swearing.Usually disrupts my sleep.

I would gladly swap your problem with an unpredictable neighbour with which I don't know what's going to happen next.

my mum kept getting slightly blocked in by someone else on the road parking right level with the end of our narrow drive

now our drive is quite a steep slope leading upto the road and we go nose first otherwise we've had cars struggle for grip when the boot has a fair bit of stuff in it so parking within a foot or two of our drive is a bad plan.

at the time she was on call to get to her parents quickly as a lot was going on with health issues for both of them, they only live 20 mins drive away but could not get her car out without risking bashing this car, the owner of whom was no where to be found so i used my car, with its metal bumpers and rubber overriders to gently push it a foot or two down the hill to not be blocking the drive - no damage to anything, except i've no where to park still and had to borrow a neighbors drive (he hasn't got a car)

neighbours can be annoying, my fiancee's daily plans revolve round it!

OP
OP
P

peanut

Blue said:
I know a fair bit about first aid and, over the years, have helped quite a few people who have taken ill or been injured in the street. However, I have the sort of back that gives me grief if I strain it. If I saw you collapsed in the street I would do everything in my power to assist, however, if you want to hoke about with a bit of heavy machinery hell would freeze over before I would lift a finger to assist you.
I have a back problem too.;)

You wouldn't sit in your car watching me tutting and shaking your head because I was holding you up for 2 minutes though would you.
It would have been neighbourly of him if he at least held my car door open for me or apologised for not being able to help because of a bad back ,malaria, the plague etc:biggrin:

Believe me that would be the least of my problems.

I have heard my neighbour go into a rant yet again swearing at,I don't know what.

I suspect he is on some sort of drugs.He seems mentally unstable and so the way he is going on I think there is a strong possibility he may attack me.

Nice to see he's in full time employment.(not)

merlinmagic

Our neighbours are Chinese students. On the whole they are not bad - except I don't know how they manage to make so much noise going up and down stairs.

The problem we have is rubbish. They keep putting stuff in the bin which the council won't take. The council have been round no end of times but they continue to put stuff in the recycle bins which isn't allowed so much so that the council now refuse to empty any of their bins.

That would be fine but it hasn't stopped them adding to the rubbish. They have filled their recycle bin, their green bin and their brown garden waste bin. We have bags and bags of rubbish stacking up in the garden and they just keep adding to it.

We have had to report it to the landlord now as the smell is getting bad and before long we are going to have rats and other rodents coming to visit. In fact their bin is always out front and the rubbish spills out of the bin when it's windy and blows it into our garden.

Its really annoying because both sides of them own the property so in a few month's time when they clear off we are going to be left with rodent infected rubbish heap.

Apart from them we get on really well with all the other neighbours. Its a shame one house can spoil the street.

I have Chinese neighbours next door and when they first moved in it was murder,drinking every night of the week till 6am or 7am,disrupting my shitftwork and I lost my rag a few times.Just before I went to Bangkok there was a disturbance which ended with loads of Chinese guys running out after another Chinese guy and then the Police turned up.When I returned they had fitted a camera and it was much quieter although it had it's nights of noise,because when there are twelve pissed Chinese people they tend to talk loud and the room they generally did it in backed onto my bedroom.They also invaded my garden shouting into mobile phones.They have been good recently although im not bothered i they have the odd night or two of drinking because I suffered with this for 7 days a week for 6 months and survived.All quiet on both fronts tonight but it's not good when you dont want to be at home.

Top Bottom