Grrrrrrrr rant about neighbours

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Baggy

Cake connoisseur
Kirstie said:
Our immediate neighbours are something else. They own three dogs who bark and howl the whole time, they have a 3 year old who screams from 5 am (I can forgive the child), and they hoover as late as 12.15am, and 6am

Kirstie said:
I must admit that when they make lots of noise we make a point of sh*gging really loudly :laugh:

:laugh: You must be exhausted!

Noodley

buggi said:

How do you know when Kirstie's neighbours are making lots of noise? :laugh:

The only problem we have around here is parking. It's supposed to be permit only, limited to two cars per house. Which is fine if said two car houses have a garage, and most don't. A majority of them will park their second car opposite which is a pavement bordering to "wasteland". But there's one family who will park both cars next to each other if they can. Legally they're entitled to do it, but it doesn't half get their immediate neighbours angry, and quite rightly to IMO.

yenrod

dan_bo said:
Cars do have a tendency to turn a situation which would otherwise be one of helpful neighbourliness into a selfish dickfest. Don't know why.

Stupid short-sighted drivers yet again made even worse by the fact that they are only indirectly travelling compared to the direct aspect of a bicyclist.

If only cars didnt have windows.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Move to the north east :o) Everyone's nice up here, and we say thanks to bus drivers as we get off. :tongue: I'm a southerner by birth, but a northerner by inclination :biggrin:

rich p

ridiculous old lush
My neighbours on one side have just had their fifth application/appeal, to have a house built at the end of their garden, turned down. It has caused a lot of resentment and they've lost all their friends over it as much by their persistence. Until this started everyone got on really well but they have soured the relationships and spoilt their own social life to boot over what amounts to greed.

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
Fnaar said:
Move to the north east :biggrin: Everyone's nice up here, and we say thanks to bus drivers as we get off. :tongue: I'm a southerner by birth, but a northerner by inclination :biggrin:

I thought I was seeing things in London when NO-ONE thanked the bus driver as they got off. Both Mrs CP and myselt at least have the minimum courtesy to say thanks..... The bus driver didn't acknowledge it though!!;)

just jim

Our neighbours are nice, apart form the one who blocked in the midwife's car (home birth express call) with an estate car and a van because she parked across their drive.

"I'll move them when I'm ready."

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
I also find that amazing. I seem to be hard wired to offer help to people and sometimes the looks I get I may well have asked for s e x with their poodle ;)
peanut said:
Well I get on fine with most of the others. We have our own resident's association etc . Maybe it was just me then .
I have been brought up to help others.

I just cannot comprehend how someone can just sit and watch someone else struggle with something and not offer to help. They are the sort of people who would walk around someone lying ill on the pavement

Top Bottom