Gt10 Sun Bicycle Project

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rooroomonkey

Hi,
I’m new to bikes so bare with me here. I got an old Gt10 Sun bike today that I wanted to do up a little. It’s got shifters, would it be completely stupid to make it a single speed? I was also wondering if I could replace the current wheels which are 27 x 1 1/4 with 700c as I like the look of cream or brown tyres. Finally I want to put on nitto albatross handlebars with smart black grips and new brake levers! It could also do with painting but I’ll get there... haha! I’ve attached a photo. Thank you.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    212.6 KB · Views: 28

12boy

Guru
Looks like the rear dropouts are forward opening horizontal so should be fairly easy if you can work out a bottom bracket length that works with your crank arms to get a nice chainline. A little redishing of the wheel might be required.

:welcome:
What size wheels do you have in at the moment as it looks like there isn't much room left to lower the brake blocks in those calipers ?

As Biggs said above. A pair of alloy wheels will totally transform the feel of your bike when you ride it and may change your mind on what you do .

Top Bottom