GT85 Evil?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

subaqua

What’s the point
Sure, whatever works for you (as long as it isn't WD40! :whistle:) - I was just correcting the statement that it is too expensive to even try.

Personally I have two bikes at the moment. One cheap mountain bike which I will oil with any old carp. My nice bike gets Finish Line Dry.

I agree with you about bottled water though! I refuse to buy it - In some cases it's more expensive than carbonated drinks!

do the scales get into the chain :whistle:

U

User482

more to do with why buy bike chain lube and chainsaw chain lube when i use both and one will do the 2 but the other is far too expensive to even try and see if its any good.
We have 6 bikes. I reckon I get through one large bottle of oil per year.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
bicycle chain oil - £3 for 100ml thats £30 per litre
Chainsaw oil £10 for 1000ml thats £10 per litre
chainsaw chains are also a little more expensive and need to be kept unclogged to work safely and efficiently.
http://www.wiggle.co.uk/finish-line..._campaign=uk&gclid=CLyRyKja7LECFQMhtAodZwsAFQ
£5 for 100ml , you can do the sums

Yes, I can do the sums and it works out that I'd save £1.50 per year by using chain saw oil at a conservative rate of 50 ml per year. Now if I used biros and coloured pencils instead of printer ink I'd really save a fortune.....

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
more to do with why buy bike chain lube and chainsaw chain lube when i use both and one will do the 2 but the other is far too expensive to even try and see if its any good.

I'll go out and buy a chain saw and plant some fast growing trees, leylandii?, to be able to take advantage of the benefits of the multi purpose chainsaw chain lube lube and congratulate myself on the savings that I'll be making. :thumbsup:

subaqua

What’s the point
I'll go out and buy a chain saw and plant some fast growing trees, leylandii?, to be able to take advantage of the benefits of the multi purpose chainsaw chain lube lube and congratulate myself on the savings that I'll be making. :thumbsup:

linf , get off vernons login ;)

Lancj1

unless you are properly anally retentive and wash it in Evian but i don't know anybody who would do that)

I use Aqua Pura to clean my bike - drained from the Cumbrian Plains around the Winscale Nuclear Power Station, or whatever they call it these days. It reacts with the paint molecules on the bike and makes them glow.

I stopped using Evian when I read it backwards........

Cyclopathic

Veteran
I just use any light oil. Seems to work lovely.
I use 3 in 1. I simply do not believe that an expensive chain specific lube will make any noticable difference to wear or performance. Making sure that things are relatively clean and maintained will do more for the life of chain and drive than expensive lube, especially at the bottom end of price and performance that I inhabit. It might be different for these super machines that cost a million pounds but even then I doubt it. Clean, oil and remove excess on a fairly regular basis.