'guards on Specialized Allez

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
Not raceblades, some type of full mudguard.

Has anyone done it with any success? No fixings for guards, not much clearance but I think they might go, just. There's about 5-6 mm clearance at the brake bridge and between seat tube and tyre with 23 mm tyres fitted.

If it has no fixing I don't see why you'd want full mudguards as it'd be a right botchup as the bike clearly is not designed for them.

My CAAD9 wont fit them I was abit disappointed but I bought some SKS Raceblades and they do a pretty good job tbh.

Are there no fittings ?

My 2004 Allez has drillings at the rear dropouts and on the seatstays, I have a rack fitted.

But agree, nothing on the fork.

It can be done - I saw someone on an Allez with full guards at the Spud Riley last year, although I was too knackered at the time to bother looking how he'd done it !
(older model, white - whatever year that makes it...)

e-rider

crappy member
p-clips are not a bodge but if the clearance isn't there then it simply isn't going to be possible. The allez is designed to take a rear rack but not mudguards.

Raceblades would be an option otherwise it's a wet arse for you this winter!

OP
OP
palinurus

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
I'm just trying to work out whether it's a possible solution. I think I'll just put together a new winter bike using a different frame. Cheers for the suggestions and opinons, it all helps.

Top Bottom