guided cycling holidays

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hello,
I'm thinking of doing one of these next year in France, no concrete plans just really fancy the idea of warm weather and someone else humping my gear around!
I'd be going on my own as the better half runs but doesn't cycle, so has anyone been on this type of holiday?
Any thoughts recommendations or horror stories gladly excepted.
Thank you in advance.

rugby bloke

Veteran
I'd be interested as well .. easing senior management into cycling and hoping some decent weather, nice views and cheap wine might seal the deal !

PK99

Legendary Member
Hello,
I'm thinking of doing one of these next year in France, no concrete plans just really fancy the idea of warm weather and someone else humping my gear around!
I'd be going on my own as the better half runs but doesn't cycle, so has anyone been on this type of holiday?
Any thoughts recommendations or horror stories gladly excepted.
Thank you in advance.

Skedaddle are fantastic and groups are generally a good mix of couples and singles.

They do everything from Cycling-for-Softies to Coll Bagging trips

Our Tuscan trip last September was flawless in design, organisation and execution.

We are off up Ventoux and along the gorges to Vence this September and they have happily adjusted the arrangements to suit us and arranged the extra accommodation and car parking we need.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
We've used Inntravel for other kinds of holidays - they're impeccably organised. Years ago our first tour was around Belgium organised by a company whose name I forget. Again, outstanding organisation.

The main downside is that most of the mass-market companies want to provide the bike, so you can't take your own and you run the risk of it being uncomfortable or a bit crap.

Onyer

Have a look at Great Bear http://www.great-bear-tours.co.uk/#
I went on LEJOG with Carl's support, which was great. I nearly booked the St Malo to Nice with Carl for this year but we have decided to do it ourselves with panniers. Carl was talking about a three week trip next year for St Malo to Nice, to allow enough time for exploring.
I met the guys from Green Jersey at the London bike Show. Very nice people and a good organisation. They do guided trips in France. http://www.greenjerseycycling.co.uk/

OP
OP
Incontinentia Buttocks

Incontinentia Buttocks

Über Member
Thank you all for your replies, some brilliant suggestions and by the looks of it very good experiences.
Going have a beer and do some plotting :-)

The_Weekend_Report_Guy

Pablo's Cycling Tours
I am going to check each one of those sites recommended on top... As I am planning to do something like this as soon as possible... But at the moment with more focus on the cycling part...
I am planning down the route to offer this sort of trips focus on cycling here at my new home in Malaga Spain... We are located in the city of Coin.. Lovely country routes all around and some serious climbing as well... So far I didn't see a flat ride around here..
I am only 40 minutes from Malaga airport in a lovely small town full of great and polite people...

Check my updates on my blog and see if is some place were you would like to cycle..

Top Bottom