Guildford cycling

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

curve

I have to move nearer London this summer and have thought about living in Guildford. What's the cycling like in the area? I know Guildford itself is quite hilly but what about the surrounding area.

Mortiroloboy

Excellent cycling in the Surrey Hills, for more info. Google Charlottesville CC, who are the local Guildford club, and associated with my club - Newbury Road Club.

simoncc

Guildford is a great area for cycling. Lots of empty country lanes and plenty of heathland too to explore on a tourer with 32mm tyres.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
Beautiful countryside. Might have ended up living there myself at one point. Can't see your point about the hills though, thought the place was pretty flat with a few tiny ones.

bonj2

marinyork said:
Beautiful countryside. Might have ended up living there myself at one point. Can't see your point about the hills though, thought the place was pretty flat with a few tiny ones.

t's all relative :rolleyes:

longers

Legendary Member
I've got a friend who lives in Farnham and having visited a few times, it looks excellent for cycling round there in my opinion. Plenty of nice pubs to visit too :rolleyes:.

barq

The Surrey Hills are nice - nothing huge but cumulatively you can do a load of climbing. It is surprisingly good for mountain biking too.

Top Bottom