1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Guildford cycling

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by curve, 7 Apr 2008.

1. curve

curve New Member

I have to move nearer London this summer and have thought about living in Guildford. What's the cycling like in the area? I know Guildford itself is quite hilly but what about the surrounding area.

2. Mortiroloboy

Mortiroloboy New Member

Excellent cycling in the Surrey Hills, for more info. Google Charlottesville CC, who are the local Guildford club, and associated with my club - Newbury Road Club.

3. simoncc

simoncc New Member

Guildford is a great area for cycling. Lots of empty country lanes and plenty of heathland too to explore on a tourer with 32mm tyres.

4. marinyork

marinyork Resting in suspended Animation

Beautiful countryside. Might have ended up living there myself at one point. Can't see your point about the hills though, thought the place was pretty flat with a few tiny ones.

5. bonj2

bonj2 Guest

t's all relative :rolleyes:

6. longers

longers Veteran

I've got a friend who lives in Farnham and having visited a few times, it looks excellent for cycling round there in my opinion. Plenty of nice pubs to visit too :rolleyes:.

7. simon l& and a half

simon l& and a half New Member

excellent cycling in all directions, particularly to the south

8. barq

barq Senior Member

The Surrey Hills are nice - nothing huge but cumulatively you can do a load of climbing. It is surprisingly good for mountain biking too.