Guiness World Records

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PoliceMadAd

After me and a friend decided last night that we are going to attempt to break the GWR for FASTEST MILE FIREMAN'S LIFT (which is 15 minutes 11 secs if anyones interested), i was wondering if anyone on here is a holder of a world record? Or ever attempted one?

Doseone

Guru
I was - as part of a team. We held the record for the furthest distance run by a mixed team on a treadmill in 24 hours. We were a team of twelve and did it in 2006 (I think) for Children in Need and on the way to breaking that record we also held the fastest time to 100k and the fastest time to 100 miles. Off the top of my head I can't remember what distance we covered, but I've got a t-shirt at home with it on. I've also got a Guinness certificate somewhere but I'm not sure where and we had an article done on us in one of the running magazines.

It was a proper pre existing record, ie not a new one that had not been done before, but we didn't hold it for long and it never made it into the book. The thing I remember most about it is the cameraderie amongst the twelve of us and the willingness to bust a gut for each other, and we raised quite a bit of money for a good cause too.

Good luck with your attempt. I wasn't involved with the organisation of our record but I remember it was quite a lot of work for the guy that organised it, particularly getting someone that Guinness would accept as an official time keeper.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Good luck, on the face of it, it sounds managable, just one mile at walking pace, 4mph. But even with a small person, 7 stones, it would be tough to keep up that sort of pace for a full mile.
Are there any rules on the minimum weight?

Maz

Guru
Good luck with your attempt!
Guiness World records seem to have got more and more obscure, don't you think?.
In the good old days it was stuff like 'Who has got the longest :ohmy:?' and 'Who has got the largest :whistle:?'

OP
OP
P

PoliceMadAd

Thanks for the good lucks, everyone, only rule i've found atm is that the person being carried must weigh as least as much as the carrier. Sent my application off last night so i'll get more info back through the post or e-mail.

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
Good luck with your world record attempt.

I was one of 582 drummers that took part in the Stick it to MS 2009 to break the record for largest full-kit drum ensemble. We broke the record and raised 60K for the MS society. It is about one of the best things I have ever done.

582 drummers, 582 drumkits in one room playing the same drumbeat non stop for five minutes.

Reactions: GM

Doseone

Guru
Good luck with your world record attempt.

I was one of 582 drummers that took part in the Stick it to MS 2009 to break the record for largest full-kit drum ensemble. We broke the record and raised 60K for the MS society. It is about one of the best things I have ever done.

582 drummers, 582 drumkits in one room playing the same drumbeat non stop for five minutes.

Are you Carl Palmer?^_^

screenman

Legendary Member
I drove one of the support vans when the Lincoln Wheelers broke the LEJOG relay record, my son was in the team. They only gave one certificate out, tight gits, almost but not quite put me off Guiness.

Way back in the mid-70s, I was one of 11 people (2 teams of 5 & 6) who pulled an old enamel bath tub from outside Norwich to just north of Chelmsford.

The idea was to pull it on the road, as far as possible, in 24 hours (taking four-hour shifts): we beat the previous record (pulling our bath 86 miles), and even though we had a representitive from the Guinness Book of Records with us, and who verified our feat, our 'record' was never put in the book.

The reason being (something along the lines of) 'Do you know how many record there are? Do you really think we can enter a new record every time an old record is broken?' Bastards.

Good luck on your attempt, PMA!

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
Way back in the mid-70s, I was one of 11 people (2 teams of 5 & 6) who pulled an old enamel bath tub from outside Norwich to just north of Chelmsford.

The idea was to pull it on the road, as far as possible, in 24 hours (taking four-hour shifts): we beat the previous record (pulling our bath 86 miles), and even though we had a representitive from the Guinness Book of Records with us, and who verified our feat, our 'record' was never put in the book.

The reason being (something along the lines of) 'Do you know how many record there are? Do you really think we can enter a new record every time an old record is broken?' b******s.

Good luck on your attempt, PMA!

Well, that's just not fair!

Top Bottom