Guitar Case

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

clid61

Veteran
Thinking of getting a hard case and putting cut ot foam inserts in to carry power tools in , any recomendations welcome . Was also thinking of a padded one to sling over my back

Profpointy

Legendary Member
Thinking of getting a hard case and putting cut ot foam inserts in to carry power tools in , any recomendations welcome . Was also thinking of a padded one to sling over my back

Mmm, I'd have thought a guitar case full of tools would be a tad heavy.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
Mainly cordless stuff and drill bits cutting discs

Whilst I was being slightly flippant there was a serious point that a guitar is quite a lightweight instrument, and quite large, so "filling" it would likely be too heavy to lift and. too heavy for the handle and even the case structure. I'd guess a guitar case is a hundred quid or more, so you'd likely be able to buy a decent tool chest for that which would be more suitable. Even the ridiculously overpriced Tanos Systainer cases (as used by Festool), which stack quite cleverly, might be doable for the price

Randomnerd

Bimbleur
What you gonna put in the long floppy bit the neck goes in? Sash clamps? Why not just get a regular backpack or duffel bag? I have to carry tools a long way off-road sometimes and use a big old frame pack. Guitar case is for guitars

Cycleops

Legendary Member
On a guitar case there is only one handle so you'll need to balance the whole thing carefully otherwise you're going to get 'neck dive'. Would have thought it would also be too shallow
Some sort of custom made case might be a better idea.

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
Guitar cases are a pig to carry with a guitar in, let alone power tools. They're long, single handled, and awkward, and that's with a mostly empty acoustic in. Profpointy is right, full of tools it'll be all off balance and an absolute bugger to carry anywhere.

Craig the cyclist

Über Member
Why not get an old guitar, hinge the body, fill that with foam then put the tools in there and it will look like you are a busker wherever you go. That will save you the weight of a guitar case. Also no will try and nick your guitar because they will assume you a festering busker with no possessions*

*I used to busk before anyone accuses me of being buskerist, although it was a juggling and escapology act.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Have you been watching El Mariachi?

600px-el_mariachi_18-jpg.jpg

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Folks used to keep their Tommy Guns in violin cases. Are you going to larger weaponry @clid61 ?
There was a bloke across the road from us in the 1960's/70's who'd go out with a violin case (always wore a 'demob' coat) nearly every Monday night. As children we were convinced he was 'going to do a hit'.:rolleyes: It turned out he taught the violin at a local night class. :smile: He was a council employed bin man as well. Imagine that. Emptying bins in the day and teaching the violin in the evening.:notworthy:

Top Bottom