Guv'nor: at the end of the world.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

betty swollocks

large member
o0b71d.jpg

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
slack chain there

OP
OP
betty swollocks

betty swollocks

large member
[media]

]View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kn7IBFVb7-4[/media]

it has the handling of a canal barge, doesn't accelerate well, or, with those SA hub brakes, doesn't decelerate all that well either. It's wonderfully stable on fast downhills and when up to speed, bowls along nicely and with great style.
The SA three speed, is two gears more than my usual (most-ridden) bike and it climbs surprisingly well. Crested a one in five on it this morning.
In town, it's a drunk magnet. The local alcoholics lurch and stagger across the road and breathing through alcoholic fumes, tell me what a great bike it is.
At least I think that's what they're saying.

OP
OP
betty swollocks

betty swollocks

large member
[QUOTE 1342755"]
Betty, I won't mention the chain (ooops I just have :blush: ), but please, get yourself a nice brushed aluminium drinks bottle to complete the retro look.

Or even a lovely glass one, that Camelbak one ruins the style of an absolutley superb looking bike :tongue:
[/quote]

Points taken! On my to do list, along with some wing nuts and get the bars fully taped with Brooks leather tape.
Not concerned about the chain yet. It's not that slack and tautens (is that a word?) up nicely when feet are on the pedals

OP
OP
betty swollocks

betty swollocks

large member
ok: I relented re the chain.
Sorted it this morning and the crap photo taken outside my local Waitrose with my iphone 3GS about an hour ago, is proof!

fjivqt.jpg

Woz!

Holy flip, is that all you lock it with?

Clandy

It's Waitrose!!! :whistle::tongue:

I shop at Waitrose too, on the TSR27, I wouldn't leave it locked with anything less than a Gold Secure rated D-lock combined with a heavy duty cable lock. Waitrose is where many bike thieves go hunting because the pickings are better.

Top Bottom