Guv'nor: at the end of the world.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

upsidedown

Waiting for the great leap forward
Saw a Guv'nor on the Birmingham Sky Ride last year, if i recall correctly his good lady was riding a Princess or Poppy, both very nice bikes.

Woz!

It's Waitrose!!! :whistle::tongue:

Favorite Alen Coren Quote: "The only point of Sainsburys is to keep the riff-raff out of Waitrose..."
:biggrin:

Norm

Favorite Alen Coren Quote: "The only point of Sainsburys is to keep the riff-raff out of Waitrose..."
:biggrin:
Now I always thought that was Stephen Fry but it's not that important really. :thumbsup:

Betty, any chance of betty letting on which branch you use, you know, just so I can come and check out the fine lines of the Guv'nor. :whistle: :biggrin:

Lovely bike :becool: but I'd definitely be getting a stouter lock.

Bodhbh

Guru
Nice bike, looks like a fun ride. :smile: But what others say about the lock :sad:

I used to have a routine to shop for my sunday evening meal at Waitrose and stop at Weatherspoons for a couple of pints and a burger meal on the walk back. Eating out at Weatherspoons was always about 1/2 the price of cooking in from Waitrose :sad:

tyred

Legendary Member
[

it has the handling of a canal barge, doesn't accelerate well, or, with those SA hub brakes, doesn't decelerate all that well either. It's wonderfully stable on fast downhills and when up to speed, bowls along nicely and with great style.
The SA three speed, is two gears more than my usual (most-ridden) bike and it climbs surprisingly well. Crested a one in five on it this morning.
In town, it's a drunk magnet. The local alcoholics lurch and stagger across the road and breathing through alcoholic fumes, tell me what a great bike it is.
At least I think that's what they're saying.
I would have thought that the drum brakes would have been pretty effective? Still, at least you don't have rims covered in black gunge on a wet day.

Norm

Nope - I actually heard the late great Alan Coren say it on the News Quiz when it was broadcast :biggrin:
(in 2007 apparently!)
Indeed, I remember hearing it "live" myself.

Funny how memory messes with your head like that although, TBH, it's not something I felt I needed to remember 4 years later. :thumbsup:

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
Here's a TSR 27 and here is a better TSR 2.
wink.gif

And there's me just thinking the TSR2 was a very fast aircraft canned by the goverment (ala Nimrod styley) !

Great looking bike :thumbsup:

Top Bottom